We are currently looking for a Java Developer to join our Team in our Crystal City, VA Office.
Job Summary :
- Analyze and gather requirements and convert project specifications, problems and procedures to create detailed design flowchart for coding.
- Research, develop and write complex high end, mission critical, role based enterprise level computer programs requiring high degree of security and computational ability.
- Review and analyze complex programming specifications to resolve issues. Prepare technical standards, provide technical advice and guidance, and collaborate with other programmers to conceptualize and develop design.
- Conduct thorough problem analysis, document findings, and propose creative solutions.
- Prepare test strategies and test plan documents.
- Perform various forms of testing including unit, functional and quality assurance.
- Coordinate end to end runs and provide production support and suggest enhancements to existing business applications.
- Use technical judgment and make appropriate system decisions.
- Analyze and debug Application/Client Server connectivity problems.
- Perform SDLC process including designing and developing applications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Experience working as a JAVA/J2EE developer and with Java to J2EE standards and technologies including but not limited to: o JSP o Struts 2 o iBATIS o Spring o Servlets o Beans o Servlets
- Experience in o SQL and PLSQL coding , Stored procedures and packages , SQL performance tuning o SQL troubleshooting
- Strong experience in Weblogic Application Server, Sun Solaris, client/server development and web development. Knowledge of UNIX and Linux.
- 2+ years of development experience with Java Swing/Derby is a must
- Strong experience in software architecture
- Very good understanding of Mobile Computing technologies and experience in development of applications for handheld devices.
- Prior experience in capture and storage of photographic images in strongly required Strong debugging skills of the application.
- Experience in programming in ColdFusion Excellent working knowledge of internet/intranet technologies.
- Sun Certified developer is a plus.
- Prior experience in managing teams and mentoring junior team members
- Excellent communication skills Ability to dedicate work to team members and validate results
Required Education: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
Required Experience: ***Prior experience in the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC) highly desired***
This job requires Active Public Trust. HUD PIV card preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification:
The Senior Application Developer will work on-site in Morrisville, NC.
Responsibilities: The role of Senior Application Developer must have knowledge and experience working with Web applications tools/languages. Principal responsibilities include:
- Develop project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Contribute to all phases of the product life-cycle
- Develop design, structure, content, and functionality of new applications
- Produce clean, well-structured, and easily maintainable code compliant with 508c accessibility standards
- Lead project teams
- Lead in the design and implementation of tools to search and display data
- Ensure comprehensive, quality project documentation are created
- Lead and mentor junior developers as assigned
Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 8 years’ experience developing applications within a team setting
Required Skills and Competencies:
To be considered, candidates should have the following:
- Expertise with ColdFusion, PHP and Laravel frameworks
- Good knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer)
- Experience of working with browser based development and debugging tools (Firefox Firebug, Safari, Chrome and IE developer tools)
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
- Familiarity with web graphics tools and responsive design (bootstrap familiarity is plus)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Subversion(SVN) or other mainstream source control system
- Section 508 accessibility standards
The successful candidate will be subject to a background investigation by the government and must be able to meet the requirements to hold a position of public trust.
Develop new applications or add functionality to current web applications.Perform support and maintenance tasks as needed.Deliver accurate and timely work estimates based upon project requirements.Provide technical assistance to users and staff by responding to inquiries regarding application support issues.Promote the use of technology to increase productivity and reduce problem tickets. Requirements Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.Minimum of 6 years of professional, proven experience in J2EE and web technologies.Must have proven work experience in Core Java, Struts 2, Spring Core, Spring MVC, Hibernate and XML-Java Binding.Experience working with relational databases (Oracle, DB2, etc.).Can demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the system impacts of software changes.Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.Ability to lead multiple projects concurrently.Ability to guide the team and make decisions independently.Able to work in a collaborative environment while maintaining a pleasant, helpful personality.
Job Type: Contract
- Programmer to convert ColdFusion application to Java: 3 years
We are seeking a DevOps System Engineer. You will be joining a team of engineers and software developers focused on building scalable software for our customers in the US and other areas. This position will require hands-on knowledge of highly scalable web infrastructures and implementations, along-side server and application maintenance, debugging and implementations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install hardware and software, maintaining appropriate maintenance levels and tuning, performing system software upgrades including planning / scheduling, testing, and coordination, and maintaining integrity of the operating system environment.
- Problem-solving for interoperability of systems
- Respond to outages both during normal business hours and in an after-hours, on-call capacity
- Evaluate, recommend, install and configure hardware and software to meet customer requirements
- Provide project leadership and develop solutions to improve the environment and enhance service reliability
- Manage and scale AWS load balancers, SOPHOS and SonicWALL firewalls
- Manage and scale ColdFusion and JAVA on Linux/Apache/Tomcat application servers in clustered and fault-tolerant configurations
- Manage and scale RDS in a PaaS and highly redundant virtualized Microsoft SQL and MySQL servers and environments
- Help the engineering team diagnose and solve issues that involve hardware or OS level binaries
- Log management, continuously server monitoring, app and environment performance reporting and visibility
- Manage SVN, Atlassian Confluence, JIRA, Fisheye, Crucible, Bitbucket and Bamboo servers and configurations
- Manage virtual infrastructures in Amazon Web Services – EC2, RDS, S3, Workspaces, etc.
- Design networks and system solutions based on requests and needs with our engineering team/s
- Produce documentation for use in configuration, repair and troubleshooting of hardware, software and network operating systems
SUCCESS FACTORS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Strong understanding of Linux especially Ubuntu and CentOS
- Strong understanding and usage of web servers like Apache and Tomcat
- Strong understanding of Windows Server 2012 and above
- Strong understanding of load balancers and firewalls
- Strong understanding of Amazon EC2, S3 and Office 365
- Strong understanding of source control systems and network diagramming tools
- Basic knowledge of software development lifecycles based on Agile development
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Good problem solving and team player
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience supporting highly scalable software development operations with a
- Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science or related field; or an equivalent combination of professional experience and education is required.
- Experience with clustering and high-availability is required.
- Experience with RDBMS (SQL or MYSQL) with replication and high-availability is required.
- Experience with SOC and HIPAA compliance is highly preferred.
- Experience with Adobe ColdFusion is preferred.
Medical Science & Computing, Inc. (MSC) is dedicated to providing scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a long history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH). MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities. We are currently searching for a DevOps System Administrator to support the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This is a full-time position located at the NIH Campus in Bethesda, MD. The ideal candidate will be a Systems Administrator who has spent time working as a developer, and understands current DevOps models and software development trends for publishing web applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with software application developers to architect, configure, and troubleshoot application servers and the software running on them.
- Manage the deployment, maintenance, and upgrade process of Applications developed by different development groups and teams
- Implement COTS installations, changes, upgrades, patches and production
- Install and configure systems, custom and third party software packages
- Translate development team requirements into Application/System configuration
- Coordinate tasks between Development teams and Systems team
- Constantly evaluate and improve current processes or design and implement new processes to meet business needs
- Use their Systems and Networking knowledge to isolate and fix application problems
- At least 5+ years of experience
- LINUX/Solaris Administration
- Strong Scripting Skills in Bash/Perl* (sh/ksh/csh/tcsh) and the ability to script on systems using VI/VIM or EMACS
- Experience maintaining patch levels of software installations across multiple systems
- Apache Server administration experience
- Experience troubleshooting and fixing errors common to Applications and Application servers
- Experience in Application Deployment – Java, Standalone Custom Apps, COTS Products
- Experience with Version Control Software Setup, Administration, Configuration (GIT, Subversion, CVS)
- BigIP F5 Loadbalancing Software or other Global and Local Traffic Management Appliances
- Experience Integrating/Configuring Coldfusion, Tomcat (any Java Application Server), Docker, Phusion Passenger, or Vagrant, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Salt
Computer System Analyst/ Webmaster will be responsible for supporting and assisting with the support of the HLAN’s (Hanford Local Area Network) enterprise applications across the Site as well as performing Webmaster duties for the Site. The enterprise applications may include, but are not limited to: Software Distribution, Exchange, System Center Operations manager (SCOM), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Server and Application Monitor (SAM), Skype for Business, Airwatch, Intune, Active Directory and Web technologies. The enterprise application support includes the infrastructure configuration, in a predominantly Virtual Windows environment; the enterprise product and associated tools and report; the 3rd tier user support; and security aspects necessary to ensure enterprise level performance, availability and security. Working with other IT professionals/Subject Matter Experts on various infrastructure components, systems and servers, this position manages the day-to-day technical operations and product management, monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair of the Enterprise systems.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage integration with other systems, capacity planning, system-wide operation control, task automation and providing recommendations on innovative and/or cost effective options for delivering and/or improving enterprise web hosting services.
- Apply revisions, upgrades, and patches to enterprise software.
- Managing the day-to-day technical operations and product management.
- Monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repairs.
- Lead and assist with problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations to effectively manage and communicate issues and perform problem analysis to resolution on a 24/7 schedule.
- Webmaster activities ensure enterprise level configuration management, availability and security of production web content and supporting development and test sites as well as supporting the Hanford’s enterprise web hosting environment and supporting infrastructure to ensure enterprise level performance, availability and security. This includes working with IT professionals on various infrastructure components, systems and servers supporting hundreds of Hanford applications and systems. Including but not limited to:
- Act as focal point for uploading new content to websites that require a separation of duties between developer and production websites
- Provide interface for performance issues with developers and web analysts – Review statistics and monitor analytics
- Ensure websites adhere to web governance and standards
- Tier-3 troubleshooting support, working with the user support team and the operations staff to effectively manage and communicate issues and perform problem analysis to resolution on a 24/7 schedule. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
QUALIFICATIONS Minimum Skills
- BA/BS degree with 2 years Information Technology experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 1 year of experience with management of configuration and operation of enterprise applications within a virtualized server environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience with successfully resolving complex issues within a moderate to large computing environment. Desired Skills MSA would prefer an Analyst that has prior experience in performing enterprise application configuration and operations duties, with skills that are relative to the Hanford configuration and future plans, including:
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Exchange, SCOM, SCCM, Intune, and/or Skype for Business – Knowledge and experience with Solarwinds SAM
- Knowledge and experience with Airwatch Mobile Device manager – Knowledge and experience with Software Distribution tools.
- Knowledge and experience with operations metrics and analytics.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux platforms.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft IIS, Adobe Coldfusion, website metrics and analytics – Knowledge and experience with Certificate Authority And Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) –
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor’s
- virtualized enterprise application support: 1 year
- Information Technology: 2 years
KPS is seeking a Senior ColdFusion Application Developer to be responsible for leading the development, testing, and maintenance of web applications utilizing ColdFusion or related technologies. Candidate will be required to create and execute SQL queries to verify data and troubleshoot issues. Candidate will also be responsible for assisting with the development of software technical documentation including requirements specifications, design documents, and test plans. The Senior Developer will lead technical and architectural workshops and design sessions, as well as lead and mentor other developers. The candidate will have opportunities to work with other technologies including Ruby on Rails, microservices, and AWS infrastructure.
- Provide support for the full life cycle of software product development
- Perform prototyping, system analysis, development, fielding, and maintenance of systems
- Develop, code, test, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software
- Evaluate new software products and technologies, and provide recommendations to enhance existing systems
- Conduct software testing to ensure satisfaction of application development requirements
- Support software quality assurance and configuration management activities
- Document software procedures and develop software reports, plans, and products, such as software development plans, software requirements specifications, software design documents, software development files, source code, version description documents, and test plans
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Washington DC area preferred with partial telework
- Master’s Degree or 15+ years of experience in the software development field
- Demonstrated experience with ColdFusion as a programming platform to develop multi-tier web-based applications
- Experience working within proper Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, utilizing source code control, and change management software is highly desired.
- Understanding of ColdFusion Best Practices
- Strong SQL coding background; understanding of SQL statement optimization/tuning
- Experience working in Agile and Kanban environments
- Infrastructure experience: IIS, AWS, Red Hat Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Apache, Chef
- Database experience: SQL Server
- Version control experience: Git, Github
- Requirements management experience: Leankit, AgileCraft
- Desired Certifications: Certified Scrum Developer (CSD), Adobe ColdFusion Certification
Writes ColdFusion code to create single-threaded or user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone or those which access servers or services. – Develops code necessary to complete the assigned project(s) in the specified time frame according to departmental standards and guidelines. – Identifies and reports problems in new and existing software. Recreates reported software problems to facilitate solutions. This includes validating the fix for the software problem. – Writes, modifies, and debugs software for client applications. – Develops the critical components of the solution, including but not limited to, security, rules infrastructure, custom adapter implementation, and application interfaces. – Interprets business requirements and implements the necessary technology to fulfill requirements. – Work with primary technical lead for projects suporting analyzing existing application interfaces, schemas and data needs. – Architects and codes multi-environment system solutions utilizing ColdFusion. – Seeks to improve personal job related knowledge and departmental processes.
- Five or more years of ColdFusion development & coding experience as part of a deliverable product or service.
- Knowledge using CFML scripting language provide quick response to customer requests for web-based analytical systems.
- Client-side code generation, especially for form widgets and validation
- Data retrieval from common enterprise systems such as Active Directory, LDAP, SMTP, POP, HTTP, FTP, Microsoft Exchange Server and common data formats such as RSS and Atom
- File indexing and searching service based on Apache Solr
- GUI administration
- Server, application, client, session, and request scopes
- XML parsing, querying (XPath), validation and transformation (XSLT)
- Graphing and reporting
- Current or former Intelligence Community (IC) and/or Department of Defense (DoD) operation software development.
- Must possess an active Secret Clearance.
- Hadoop, Exist, Blur, GreenPlum, PostGreSQL, Linux, ApacheMQ, Camel, Spring, Swing, Oracle 11g, SQL, HTML, LDAP, Active Directory, SQL, a plus.
- Current or former Intelligence Community (IC) and/or Department of Defense (DoD) operation software development.
Pay: 70 – 120 K/Yearly
Security Clearances: Secret
Relocation Costs Paid: Negotiable
Preferred Degree: Bachelors
CSSI seeks a Web Developer at its Corporate Headquarters in Chattanooga, TN. This position will work with IT and business professionals, 3rd party developers, and support staff to build, enhance or maintain current system present at CSSI. Applicant should enjoy working with MVC frameworks, jQuery, CSS and SQL, as well as playing a key role in a small team.
- Computer Science degree required
- 2+ years of MVC web application development experience
- Web Application Coding experience – preferably with ColdFusion, Ruby on Rails, PHP, JSP, and/or ASP.net
- MVC framework experience (CF framework, Ruby on Rails, Spring, Asp.net mvc, etc.)
- SQL experience with MSSQL, DB2, MySQL or Oracle
- Java, Ruby, Rails
- Web services
- Team-based Project Development
- Interface design
Job Type: Full-time