$100,000 a year
The SME will have eight years’ experience in the relevant field or a combination of relevant experience coupled with specialized education or subject matter experience. Concentrated hands-on experience in the specific discipline of the subject matter field required by a customer task order. The SME provides technical and/or specialized guidance concerning complex problems or challenges in the subject matter field.
- Design and create front end software components that are focused on a positive and enjoyable User Experience * Develop software components and presentation according to defined user requirements * Collaborate within and across teams to develop software components according to schedule * Proactively identify and execute Unit/String testing opportunities * Design software modules that interact with larger software project deliverables
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Expert in the following Computer Languages : ColdFusion, Java
- Experience with jQuery, Angular, CSS, HTML, Web Services, SQL
- Ability to quickly interpret and understand code with differing development styles
- Planning and organizational skills with a strong focus on attention to detail
- Ability to work in an Agile development environment
- Willingness to proactively follow agreed upon coding standards and guidelines
- Ability to summarize progress and articulate issues to the project team
- Ability to take ownership of specific tasks and follow the project teams direction through to completion with minimal supervision
- Ability to understand technical and usability requirements and translate them to “state of the art” finished interface
We are currently looking for a Java Developer to join our Team in our Crystal City, VA Office.
Job Summary :
- Analyze and gather requirements and convert project specifications, problems and procedures to create detailed design flowchart for coding.
- Research, develop and write complex high end, mission critical, role based enterprise level computer programs requiring high degree of security and computational ability.
- Review and analyze complex programming specifications to resolve issues. Prepare technical standards, provide technical advice and guidance, and collaborate with other programmers to conceptualize and develop design.
- Conduct thorough problem analysis, document findings, and propose creative solutions.
- Prepare test strategies and test plan documents.
- Perform various forms of testing including unit, functional and quality assurance.
- Coordinate end to end runs and provide production support and suggest enhancements to existing business applications.
- Use technical judgment and make appropriate system decisions.
- Analyze and debug Application/Client Server connectivity problems.
- Perform SDLC process including designing and developing applications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Experience working as a JAVA/J2EE developer and with Java to J2EE standards and technologies including but not limited to: o JSP o Struts 2 o iBATIS o Spring o Servlets o Beans o Servlets
- Experience in o SQL and PLSQL coding , Stored procedures and packages , SQL performance tuning o SQL troubleshooting
- Strong experience in Weblogic Application Server, Sun Solaris, client/server development and web development. Knowledge of UNIX and Linux.
- 2+ years of development experience with Java Swing/Derby is a must
- Strong experience in software architecture
- Very good understanding of Mobile Computing technologies and experience in development of applications for handheld devices.
- Prior experience in capture and storage of photographic images in strongly required Strong debugging skills of the application.
- Experience in programming in ColdFusion Excellent working knowledge of internet/intranet technologies.
- Sun Certified developer is a plus.
- Prior experience in managing teams and mentoring junior team members
- Excellent communication skills Ability to dedicate work to team members and validate results
Required Education: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
Required Experience: ***Prior experience in the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC) highly desired***
This job requires Active Public Trust. HUD PIV card preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification:
At CollabraLink, we’re committed to providing federal clients with simple and intuitive solutions that increase efficiency and enhance citizen engagement. Using advanced technology, rigorous processes and trusted guidance, we’re making government more interactive, productive and secure. We understand that our employees are our greatest asset. Our goal is to create an environment where employees can do important, purposeful work and be rewarded for individual and team success.
The Application Developer shall perform regular maintenance functions on the application and correct any malfunctions and other “bugs” as they occur.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- 3+ years ColdFusion development experience on large Federal contract
- Experience with ASP.Net, SQLServer, Oracle, JAVA
- Daily back-ups of the GEAR UP APR and FPR application
- Small adjustments to improve functionality in the application (as required, no more than 6 annually)
- Weekly quality assurance reviews of all APRs and FPRs prior to grantees receiving final approval of submitted reports
- Maintain an electronic record of all modifications and enhancements and process them in accordance with the accepted Change Management Plan.
- Present the final requirements in mock screen shots with descriptions
- Maintain and comply with IT security Policy requirements, specifically those set forth in the “Handbook for Information Assurance Security Policy (OCIO-01)” and other applicable procedures and guidance
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 3 years ColdFusion development experience on large Federal contract
- Experience with ASP.Net
- Experience with SQL Server
- Experience with Oracle
- Experience with JAVA
- Clearance Level: Public Trust
Develop new applications or add functionality to current web applications.Perform support and maintenance tasks as needed.Deliver accurate and timely work estimates based upon project requirements.Provide technical assistance to users and staff by responding to inquiries regarding application support issues.Promote the use of technology to increase productivity and reduce problem tickets. Requirements Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.Minimum of 6 years of professional, proven experience in J2EE and web technologies.Must have proven work experience in Core Java, Struts 2, Spring Core, Spring MVC, Hibernate and XML-Java Binding.Experience working with relational databases (Oracle, DB2, etc.).Can demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the system impacts of software changes.Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.Ability to lead multiple projects concurrently.Ability to guide the team and make decisions independently.Able to work in a collaborative environment while maintaining a pleasant, helpful personality.
Job Type: Contract
- Programmer to convert ColdFusion application to Java: 3 years
Our client was just bought out by a fortune 100 company and is rapidly growing. They were not only bought out but had the best quarter ever this past quarter. They need to add another developer on the team to work on current business application as well as help convert some of the systems over to nationwide.
They need someone that is a full stack developer that can code in Java, create stored procedures in Oracle 12c and can focus on the front end with JQuery, Ajax and AngularJS.
If a candidate has experience working with ColdFusion that would be a plus. If they do not have ColdFusion it can be taught but some of their applications do run off of ColdFusion.
They will be brought on to work on multiple projects so they will have their hands in a lot of things. They are working on a web revamp that they worked with an outside company on for the design but they will do the development in house. This is for their website and it is ever changing so this will be a consistent project.
Software engineering experience is required. ColdFusion Experience in multiple programming languages and a desire to learn new ones. Knowledge of and experience with networking and network protocols Experience with various web technologies and protocols Previous work the Department of Justice (DOJ) Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered career, or journey, level.
We are seeking a DevOps System Engineer. You will be joining a team of engineers and software developers focused on building scalable software for our customers in the US and other areas. This position will require hands-on knowledge of highly scalable web infrastructures and implementations, along-side server and application maintenance, debugging and implementations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install hardware and software, maintaining appropriate maintenance levels and tuning, performing system software upgrades including planning / scheduling, testing, and coordination, and maintaining integrity of the operating system environment.
- Problem-solving for interoperability of systems
- Respond to outages both during normal business hours and in an after-hours, on-call capacity
- Evaluate, recommend, install and configure hardware and software to meet customer requirements
- Provide project leadership and develop solutions to improve the environment and enhance service reliability
- Manage and scale AWS load balancers, SOPHOS and SonicWALL firewalls
- Manage and scale ColdFusion and JAVA on Linux/Apache/Tomcat application servers in clustered and fault-tolerant configurations
- Manage and scale RDS in a PaaS and highly redundant virtualized Microsoft SQL and MySQL servers and environments
- Help the engineering team diagnose and solve issues that involve hardware or OS level binaries
- Log management, continuously server monitoring, app and environment performance reporting and visibility
- Manage SVN, Atlassian Confluence, JIRA, Fisheye, Crucible, Bitbucket and Bamboo servers and configurations
- Manage virtual infrastructures in Amazon Web Services – EC2, RDS, S3, Workspaces, etc.
- Design networks and system solutions based on requests and needs with our engineering team/s
- Produce documentation for use in configuration, repair and troubleshooting of hardware, software and network operating systems
SUCCESS FACTORS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Strong understanding of Linux especially Ubuntu and CentOS
- Strong understanding and usage of web servers like Apache and Tomcat
- Strong understanding of Windows Server 2012 and above
- Strong understanding of load balancers and firewalls
- Strong understanding of Amazon EC2, S3 and Office 365
- Strong understanding of source control systems and network diagramming tools
- Basic knowledge of software development lifecycles based on Agile development
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Good problem solving and team player
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience supporting highly scalable software development operations with a
- Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science or related field; or an equivalent combination of professional experience and education is required.
- Experience with clustering and high-availability is required.
- Experience with RDBMS (SQL or MYSQL) with replication and high-availability is required.
- Experience with SOC and HIPAA compliance is highly preferred.
- Experience with Adobe ColdFusion is preferred.
Seeking a ColdFusion Software Developer to join our team supporting the largest law enforcement agency in the Country with their intelligence endeavors.
You will be working onsite at the customer’s location as a member of their team, and will get to work independently to help maintain and enhance a software application that has been in production use since shortly after 911. Good communication and problem solving skills are required.
In addition to working with great people, you will enjoy a view of the Statue of Liberty and the amenities of lower Manhattan, all while in walking distance to the Subway and PATH.
Contract requires US Citizenship Must pass a Law Enforcement background check.
Specific technical skill needed are:
- 3-5 years current ColdFusion experience.
- 3-5 years experience with Java and J2EE.
- 3-5 years MS SQL development experience.
- Proficient with other web technologies, including JQuery, Angular, Bootstrap, Node.JS, & ExtJS.
- Experience with MVC/MVVM development patterns.
- Experience interfacing with REST services.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems.
Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
Ensures software standards are met.
BS or equivalent + 3 -5 yrs related experience, or MS + 3 yrs related experience
Medical Science & Computing, Inc. (MSC) is dedicated to providing scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a long history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH). MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities. We are currently searching for a DevOps System Administrator to support the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This is a full-time position located at the NIH Campus in Bethesda, MD. The ideal candidate will be a Systems Administrator who has spent time working as a developer, and understands current DevOps models and software development trends for publishing web applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with software application developers to architect, configure, and troubleshoot application servers and the software running on them.
- Manage the deployment, maintenance, and upgrade process of Applications developed by different development groups and teams
- Implement COTS installations, changes, upgrades, patches and production
- Install and configure systems, custom and third party software packages
- Translate development team requirements into Application/System configuration
- Coordinate tasks between Development teams and Systems team
- Constantly evaluate and improve current processes or design and implement new processes to meet business needs
- Use their Systems and Networking knowledge to isolate and fix application problems
- At least 5+ years of experience
- LINUX/Solaris Administration
- Strong Scripting Skills in Bash/Perl* (sh/ksh/csh/tcsh) and the ability to script on systems using VI/VIM or EMACS
- Experience maintaining patch levels of software installations across multiple systems
- Apache Server administration experience
- Experience troubleshooting and fixing errors common to Applications and Application servers
- Experience in Application Deployment – Java, Standalone Custom Apps, COTS Products
- Experience with Version Control Software Setup, Administration, Configuration (GIT, Subversion, CVS)
- BigIP F5 Loadbalancing Software or other Global and Local Traffic Management Appliances
- Experience Integrating/Configuring Coldfusion, Tomcat (any Java Application Server), Docker, Phusion Passenger, or Vagrant, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Salt