SilkRoad is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to perform web application and API development in support of SilkRoad products. They will also design and develop Human Resources applications with a focus on APIs, databases and user interface principals and techniques.
- Performs full life cycle system development activities (requirements definition, design, development, testing: verification/validation), implementation, and quality assurance.
- Develops RESTful APIs using ASP.net and C#
- Develops web pages using ASP.net, C#, MS MVC, AngularJS, HTML, XSL/XSLT.
- Designs and implements relational databases.
- Creates and executes efficient stored procedures and queries against relational databases, primarily SQL Server 2016.
- Translates functional requirements into applications; develops and implements test validations of the applications.
- Analyzes test results and recommends modifications to the applications to meet functional specifications; resolves implementation and post-production issues.
- Documents modifications and enhancements made to the applications as required by the project.
- Results driven professional.
- Passionate team member; cultivates an energizing environment and is committed to team success.
- Supports a culture of customer appreciation and service excellence; delivers on-time, superior solutions that exceed customer expectations.
- Successful communicator at all levels using all media, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates skill, knowledge and understanding of company, products, job duties, and appropriate work methods.
- Contributes to a climate of innovation and continuous improvement to achieve excellence and support business success.
- Demonstrates personal excellence, accountability and integrity.
- Ability to interface with external contacts while favorably representing SilkRoad in the marketplace.
- Demonstrates skills in requirements gathering and documentation.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced, team based environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem resolution abilities.
- Proficient with computer software and MS Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience designing and implementing commercial software.
- Strong experience with systems integration
- Experience working with iterative development methodologies (XP, Scrum…).
- Experience with code maintenance.
- Desired Experience
- Strong understanding of Azure and its available services.
- Experience with ColdFusion.