The National Airspace System (NAS) Integration and Support Contract (NISC III) is looking for an Application Developer near our customer site in Washington, DC
The successful candidate will be responsible for discovering, analyzing and documenting requirements of customers and team members and then bringing them to life through design, development, testing, and maintenance of web-based applications and databases.
Explore, understand, and document the needs of the customer
Design and develop programmatic, enjoyable-to-use database, workflow and interface solutions
Design, develop, and maintain measuring and reporting solutions
Manage and maintain an existing instance of the system while developing new system enhancements
Interpret leadership and customer guidance and functional requirements into strong design and implementation plans
Apply industry best practices and database/web design standards
Provide technical support to end users of the system
Create documentation of activities, processes, and procedures
Qualifications:Typical education and experience:
Typically requires BS degree in Computer Science or a comparable program and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
Basic qualifications: (Must have)
Proficient in database administration, application development, and background to assist with requirements.
Experience with the software development lifecycle, requirements and system documentation practices, and Joint application design (JAD).
Experience with Tableau is preferred.
Citynet’s Software Development division is looking for an exceptional ColdFusion developer to join our team. If you are an experienced developer with a strong background in data driven applications for the web, who enjoys challenging, fast-paced projects – keep reading!
Our software developers are responsible for completing a wide array of projects. These include designing, developing, and providing support for new software applications, modifying existing applications for both our internal systems and our customers.
- Morgantown, WV
- Charleston, WV
- Bridgeport, WV (HQ)
- Westerville, OH
- Design and develop new solutions for customers
- Support existing systems
- Monitor and manage server logs
- Proactively seek methods for improving applications and processes.
- Monitor and improve system performance, efficiency, and availability.
- Improve professional skillset and efficiency
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimal travel for client meetings and to other Citynet offices may be required.
Skills and traits of our ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience.)
- Strong technical skills in web development languages and scripting with 2+ years of experience in
ColdFusion (or 3+ years of experience building complex web apps in PHP or Ruby)
- Understanding of application development and database design.
- Must have exceptional problem solving skills.
- Able to manage and organize multiple priorities.
- Strong sense of team. Understands the importance of standardization and team dynamics.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally.
Our Environment and Tools:
- Adobe ColdFusion 10 and Lucee
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Adobe Creative Suite
- ColdFusion Builder
- Sublime Text
- Competitive wage
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Incentive Plan
Job Type: Full-time