Cold Fusion Developer
Information Innovators Inc. (Triple-i) is leading the convergence of information technology through innovation. We define, develop, and implement solutions to solve our federal government customers’ hardest problems, while saving them money and modernizing their systems. We are experts in enterprise IT services, cyber security, software and data solutions, health services, intelligence and geospatial technologies, and program management services. At Triple-i we understand that employees make the company, and we are searching for the best and brightest to exceed our customer’s expectations. If you share our passion for delivering innovative technology solutions, join the Triple-i team!
Job Description: Triple-I is seeking an experienced ColdFusion Developer with at least five years of hands-on experience in application and web technologies solutions development.
- Design and implement cost effective, high quality web applications to meet customers’ needs
- Interface with customers to obtain understanding of the project requirements
- Participate in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle
- Develop, maintain, enhance, and support fully functioning applications that comply with client and GNSI standards
- Perform unit testing of all applications developed and/or enhancements to systems
- Take ownership of assigned development projects
- Monitor application efficiencies to identify means of enhancing performance
- Work in collaboration with clients to troubleshoot issues and provide professional support for enterprise systems
- Work with Quality Assurance team to ensure quality of work produced
Work Experience/Skills Requirements:
- Proficient in Object Oriented ColdFusion development
- Understanding of MVC or N-tier architecture
- Solid understanding of Web infrastructure
- Comfortable with maintenance of existing code base as well as new development
- Well organized with proven success in managing assignments to timely completion
- Values-based personality with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to maintain positive and healthy relationships with all project team members and customers
- Strong SQL development skills
- Ability to write technical White Papers and systems design documents.
- Experience working with systems analyst to provide technical perspective on gathering requirements/business process information
- Ability to follow existing configuration management and application development protocols
- Ability to write and execute unit tests.
- Understanding of integration concepts
- ColdFusion administration experience
- Familiarity with section 508 compliance
- Experience with requirements management tools is a plus
- Experience in Agile software development methodologies is a plus
- Familiarity with Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with .NET is a plus
Education and or Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field or relevant combination of education and experience
- 5+ years current ColdFusion experience desired
- 5+ years current Oracle PL/SQL or MS SQL development experience.
You do not need a current/active clearance to apply, but must be able to pass a government security background investigation.
This Applications Development – position is responsible for designing, implementing and supporting a custom coded hosting platform for Web Based Training (WBT) products. The platform shall have hosting, access control, metrics and web service integration with the enterprise training system. The Developer will have access to the legacy Coldfusion application, but this project will result in a new Application with new, but similar, functionality. Though data (course completion records, WBT usage metrics) migration will be expected, this should not be approached as a platform migration – the new application should improve on quality, performance and capabilities. The Developer position is expected to lead all development work, but will be part of a new internal Team that includes surge development support (not to exceed 20% of all development work to be completed), project requirement and management support, and work in conjunction with existing WBT developers to ensure application capability with existing and future WBT products. This position will require infrequent interaction with external stakeholders. Though some existing legacy code exist, this is expected to be a completely new solution with no existing code. This is expected to be a modern web application. A good reference for expected product delivery example would be a medium Moodle-like deployment which supported the delivery of HTML5, ActionScript 2 & 3, and SCORM compliant WBT products with an administrative back-end for management of courses and metric reporting. This will NOT be a Moodle solution.
- Must have a TS/SCI clearance
- 11 years of experience
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated on-the-job experience designing, developing, deploying, and providing support for data-driven custom Applications that utilize SQL (such as Microsoft or MySQL) or Oracle databases as the back end infrastructure
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing web applications that have interactive, modern, dynamic user interfaces using HTML5 and CSS or equivalent methodologies
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with one or more successful projects that included data migration between two unrelated technologies or platforms
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated on-the-job experience creating and maintaining application security and user access solutions for Enterprise web-based applications using LDAP Group Permissions and other accepted industry best practices
- Three (3) years demonstrated on-the-job experience developing and supporting applications in the Sponsor’s environment
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing or transitioning ColdFusion applications
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the Sponsor’s application approval process
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the Sponsor’s Cloud migration process
- One (1) Year demonstrated on-the-job experience with D.3 or similar data visualization libraries for metric dashboard creation OR one (1) Year demonstrated on-the-job experience with Cognos Reporting Solution
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Bootstrap
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience designing, developing, deploying, and providing O&M Support for custom designed applications intended for Learning Management or Content Management
- Minimum 1 year demonstrated on-the-job experience designing applications that are intended to utilize and take advantage of Cloud based infrastructure as a hosting platform (for example, Amazon Web Service or Microsoft Azure)
Our Hopewell area business is seeking a Web Developer.
This developer role will create dynamic web applications as well as maintain existing internal and external applications.
The candidate will also be involved in the development of internal tools and applications under the supervision of a department supervisor.
Position responsibilities include:
- Developing, implementing, and supporting dynamic web and internal applications
- Serve as a resource in web technologies, maintaining a strong understanding of current trends and related technologies
- 2 years experience with ColdFusion or AngularJS
- 2 years of web development (HTML, CSS, Jquery, HTML5, SQL)
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Software Engineering and/or related field, commensurate experience without degree will be also be evaluated
WebLinc is currently looking for a web developer who’s got some serious ColdFusion chops to work join a dev team to maintain some of the best eCommerce and content sites on the web. You will report to a Tech Lead who will help you through the rough spots, but you’ll have enough rope to do the job properly. It’s no secret that WebLinc’s more current clients are on our Ruby on Rails platform, which means you’ll have the opportunity to transition into new technologies, different roles, and new teams as you continue down your WebLinc path of destiny!
**Please note that this position is full-time and on-site. If you wish to apply but are out of the area, please make sure you mention that in the “cover letter” section of the application.
- 3-5 years experience developing ColdFusion applications
- Strong experience with Coldfusion9/Fusebox MVC frameworks
- High-level understanding of complex SQL (MS-SQL, T-SQL)
- Expertise with Git
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Ability to communicate well with teammates and clients/stakeholders
- A genuine desire to enjoy what you do
- Shell scripting
- Good at optimizing processes for maximum efficiency
- Benefits Health & Wellness
- Medical plan
- Prescription drug plan
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- Flexible spending account
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Gym reimbursement Financial
- Competitive salaries
- Referral and ad-hoc bonuses
- 401k with company match
- Life insurance
- Transit reimbursement
- College savings plan (529)
- Mobile phone and plan reimbursement Work & Family Life
- Flexible hours
- 9 paid holidays
- 2+ weeks combined vacation, sick and personal days
- Company trips/outings
- WebLinc Day!
This position is located in Orchard Park, NY, a suburb of Buffalo, NY. A requirement for this position is to work at this location.
Summary: This is a staff position within the Application Development group of the Information Technology department responsible for the design, development, and unit testing of new features, feature enhancements, and bug fixes within ValueCentric’s suite of applications. Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develops application code to meet defined business requirements using established programming standards and best practices.
- Performs Unit Testing on developed modules.
- Provides application debugging support to the Product Management, Software Testing, Client Support, and Client Implementation groups to help diagnose and correct application anomalies.
- Works from specifications provided to meet programming assignment goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner.
- Works effectively on larger projects, coordinating efforts closely with other team members to achieve the project requirements and timelines.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of computer operating procedures, operating standards, programming languages, software development tools (e.g. Integrated Development Environments) and techniques (e.g. Model-View-Controller models)
- Documents code and systems and participates in code walkthroughs.
- Performs other application development, diagnostic, and data related duties as may be assigned.
- Working knowledge of one or more contemporary programming languages and database management systems.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to think logically for interpreting and analyzing problems assigned or encountered.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Resourcefulness, creativity and the ability to take the initiative in development and completion of work projects.
- Good time management skills.
- General knowledge of data processing system design methods, techniques and standards.
- Exposure to one or more System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Experience in both Agile (e.g. SCRUM) and traditional (e.g. Waterfall) SDLC methodologies.
- Experience in Object-Oriented Programming (OOP).
- Experience in the health care and/or pharmaceutical industries.
- Experience in logistics.
- Exposure to unit testing software (e.g. QUnit, PyUnit, etc.)
- Knowledge of “native app” development.
- B. S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience (i.e. at least four years’ experience as a professional programmer/developer)
DUTIES: The IT Technician will provide our government, commercial, utility, not for profit, and internal clients with the tools, services and solutions needed to effectively collect, assemble, manage and report on information. Work effectively in a variety of computer systems and software applications. Understand the contract needs and specifications of clients and their customers and develop appropriate solutions. Conduct research and compile summation, statistical and other reports. Organize and develop efficient daily work assignments from start to completion. Analyze data requests and design appropriate solutions. Understand and apply per client specifications applicable regulations and compliance standards. Program systems to meet client and/or project specifications. Provide support to product users positively and effectively. Work independently and with attention to detail.
Education and Qualifications:
- Four year degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Science or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a similar position
- Strong skills and capabilities in at least one of the following areas of expertise:
- Database Programming – experience with two or more database systems including MS Access, SQL Server, postgreSQL, or others
- Application Development – experience programming and configuring mobile computing and other applications using a range of development tools and systems, including Visual Studio.net, PhoneGap/Cordova, and thinkGeo
- Network/Server Administration – experience with server management, maintenance and optimization.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the principles, techniques and applications of software development and interface design
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Full time position. Compensation based on qualifications and experience. DRG offers competitive wages, excellent benefits and full-time position includes option to buy company stock after one year. Access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses.
Duration: 6 months
- 3+ years experience with ColdFusion application development in version 10+ including Custom Tags.
- 3+ years Java experience.
- Oracle DB, SQL, Stored Procedures.
- Familiarity with Java application design and standards.
- Familiarity with Unix scripting
- ColdFusion & JAVA: 3 years
Duration of engagement: 2 Years.
Location: Albany, NY
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design, develop and test web user front ends built with a variety of modern front end frameworks and libraries
- Design, develop and test backend web based applications in a fast paced environment using rapid application development scripting tools such as PHP and/or ColdFusion
- Use wire-framing/prototyping tools for low fidelity mockups
- Use Photoshop and/or Fireworks for high fidelity design work
- Continually learn and improve skills surrounding emerging web and mobile technologies
- Interface with customers and stakeholders, including the Executive Chamber in a highly professional manner
- Create diagrams of methodologies, processes and logical flow
- Create and maintain ER Diagrams
- Conduct user requirement gathering meetings
- Manage tasks using in a Kanban style tool such as Trello or LeanKit
- Design systems using Model, View, Controller (MVC) paradigm
- Design and develop API’s for our backend systems
- Utilize AJAX to interact with internal and external API’s
- Create visualization charts and graphics to support Business Intelligence from large datasets
- Provide assistance to other developers, pair programming where needed
- Write SQL and PL/SQL queries
- Interface with database administrators
- Create and modify graphics – new icons, logos, etc.
- Troubleshoot bugs and QA testing
- Provide training to staff on any learned new technologies
- Troubleshoot and manage crises that arise
- Organize and participate in meetings with customers
- Document meeting outcomes and translate these into development tasks and deliverables
- Manage expectations vs. technology capabilities & team’s development capacity
Requirements: 84+ months
Analysis, design, coding, component and assembly testing of all application code owned by the Application Team- Maintenance (including production support), enhancement and development work- Write application software, data analysis, data access, data structures, data manipulation, databases, design, programming, testing and implementation, technical and user documentation, software conversion
Candidate is able to provide leadership of large teams and/or extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field
- 84+ months minimum of documented experience developing applications with ColdFusion and/or PHP using the MVC design pattern
- 84+ months of documented experience doing business analysis; meeting with customers, determining their business needs and the best solution for them.
- 60+ Months of documented experience with using SQL Server, Oracle and/or MySQL writing SQL statements
- 24+ months using visualization tools such as D3.js, ly, Fusion Charts, HighCharts, Google Charts, etc.
- 36+ months Oracle PL/SQL
Job Type: Contract
- Coldfusion/PHP, Business Analysis, Java, SQL Server, Oracle: 8 years
The Sr. Web Developer will drive the direction of the company’s technology solutions, define and implement best practices and build lean, powerful and extensible functionality. This position offers significant responsibility and growth potential. You will work closely with key stakeholders.
- Assist in the design and development of object-oriented web applications based upon best practices.
- Ensure proper operation and intelligent enhancements of existing web-based products and services.
- Ensure development consistency and strive for continued development innovation.
- Maintain best practices to meet department goals and assist in adapting the department to future changes in technology.
- Help assess risk related to technology and resources, and assists in minimizing that risk.
IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSESS THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Passionate about Creating Great Products and Innovative Features
- Driven and Realistic: Good estimator of time and effort
- Proactive about Self-Improvement and acquiring new knowledge and skills
- Motivated team player and ability to lead independent self-managed projects
- 5+ years developing complex ColdFusion applications
- Advanced knowledge of ColdBox, Mach II, or other OO Frameworks
- Understanding of ColdFusion Best Practices and Design Patterns
- Solid communication skills: Written and Verbal
- Demonstrated documentation and code-testing skills
- Strong understanding of complex SQL database-driven products
- Obsessive problem-solving and debugging skills
- Product Development Experience
- git and/or Subversion Experience
- Active in open source projects
- Understands scaling and performance