- Employing the development tools, standards, and guidelines currently being used by IT for software development projects (i.e. Oracle 12c, ColdFusion 11, ColdFusion Builder, Framework 1(F/W1), Toad, ClearQuest, SVN, etc.)
- Providing the technical design of key application components which are consistent with the overall application design and standards.
- Providing high quality application components using a service-oriented architecture (SOA) using the Model-View-Controller (MVC) design patterns.
- Participating in screen designing prototypes to develop a user-friendly application.
- Developing and unit testing application components, including shared components, utilities, screens, reports and processes.
- Ensuring delivered project application components conform to design specifications and standards conforms to the established framework, and technical and performance requirements.
- Participating in code review of developed components.
- Collaborating with team members to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Assisting and supporting the technical testing of JIS:
- Load testing
- Stress testing
- Performance testing
- Documenting technical specifications
- Assisting with documenting the technical support, maintenance and operations of JIS.
- Equivalent to possession of a bachelor’s degree, preferably with major course work in computer science.
- 7+ years programming experience in Information Technology.
- 5+ years experience developing complex, enterprise-wide applications using multiple web technologies, tools and languages.
- 3+ years of experience in an n-tier or service-oriented architecture (SOA) environment.
- Proven track record of successfully developing complex, enterprise-wide applications.
- Demonstrated experience developing well documented code and unit-testing applications.
- Extensive experience with server side technologies (ColdFusion 10+) including the installation, design, creation, documentation, maintenance, and upgrade of ColdFusion server platform.
- Knowledge of Unified Modeling Language (UML) design tools and techniques, including class diagrams, state diagrams, use cases and sequence diagrams.
- Extensive experience with object oriented design and programming architectures and MVC design patterns.
- Extensive experience using application development tools, including ColdFusion Builder, Clear Quest, Subversion, and Toad.
- Experience with the principles of full life cycle systems design and development.
- Experience with the principles and techniques of program design, development, testing, and documentation.
- Experience with the principles and techniques of systems implementation including conversion, data reconciliation, user training, and documentation.
- Thorough knowledge of relational database management systems.
- Knowledge of application architecture for enterprise-wide systems such as multi-tier, distributed and client/server system architecture and development principles, and internet/intranet application delivery mechanisms.
- Excellent analytical capabilities and the ability to breakdown complex ideas into manageable pieces.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated experience adhering to project plans and schedules.
Additional Skills/Qualifications Desired:
- Experience developing project using Agile development processes and techniques.
- Experience developing reports using Crystal Reports.
- Recent experience within government agencies or public bodies with projects of a similar type.
Job Duties: Provide Web Application Development and Maintenance support on-site at JIOWC Headquarters to accomplish the following tasks:
- Provide services for evaluation, planning, requirements analysis, design, coding and unit testing, system integration testing, implementation, deploying, providing service to, providing training for, maintaining or updating JIOWC web-based applications or web-enabling a current system.
- Use JIOWC standard software development languages (i.e. Adobe Coldfusion, Microsoft .NET and COM, C#, and JAVA). Web applications shall be developed for Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and support current industry standard web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE).
- Design and develop web interfaces specific to the application using the JIOWC interface standards already in place and rapid application development principles to achieve a user-friendly interface design.
- Design and develop web based graphics (e.g. banners, icons, buttons, backgrounds, etc.) adhering to JIOWC standards and style sheets for a unified appearance using JIOWC provided development tools for graphics design (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Visual Studio, and Adobe Captivate).
- Provide support to develop or update classroom curriculum and/or computer based training (CBT) materials for supported systems as required by the JIOWC.
- Perform web server software (e.g. Adobe Coldfusion, Microsoft IIS, JAVA, etc.) installation, upgrade, and patch management as required, coordinating with network administrators to minimize impact on users.
- Collaborate with JIOWC Webmasters in the design, development, and maintenance of JIOWC websites and web pages to facilitate the distribution of IO products and data in a production environment to meet new user needs and respond to/anticipate technological innovations.
- Monitor server resources to identify utilization/consumption trends, and projecting when resource utilization/consumption will be such that delivery of services by the servers falls below acceptable performance levels.
- Coordinate with the Database administrator on database requirements, design and develop the database schema required to meet the requirements of the application, and deploy the database in a production environment.
- Coordinate with network administrators on access security requirements required by the Intelligence Community to ensure data security and availability to all participating organizations.
Requisite Personnel Qualifications:
- Critical thinking skills, both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Ability to prepare a well-grounded, defensible argument
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with USSTRATCOM organization desired
- Familiarity with Joint processes, operations, and commands.
- Possess 7 years’ experience in requirements analysis, design, coding and unit testing, system integration testing, implementation, deploying, providing service to, providing training for, maintaining or updating web based applications.
- Possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience with the following development software and technologies: Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, and Captivate; Microsoft .Net environment; Adobe Coldfusion Application server and Coldfusion rapid application development language and Web server software (e.g. Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) web server).
- Knowledge of commercial and industry-standard web-application development software including Perl, PHP, Java, XML script writing, and newer web technologies.
- Possess IAT Level 1 certification per DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, Incorporating Change 3, January 24, 2012.
- Possess the appropriate DoD-approved IA baseline certification outlined in DoD 8570.01-M, Appendix 3, Table T1.
- Knowledge of and experience in Microsoft operating systems, a wide range of standard office automation products (e.g. Microsoft Office), and web browser applications (e.g. Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, et al.).
We are looking for that special talent that can help take us to that next level. We need fresh, innovative ways to build a faster and easier to use interface using cutting edge frameworks. Are you ready to build something amazing? Then bring it!
The team you will be joining:
deverus is the technology leader in Background Screening software based in Austin, Texas. We provide mission-critical workflow solutions to the background check industry. deverus helps background check companies make crucial connections between their customers, key information sources, as well as applicant tracking systems using an advanced connectivity SaaS platform.
What you will be doing:
- Taking our current front end to a world class UI, using frameworks such as Angular and bootstrap
- Work with 3rd party designers to take their concepts and bring them to life
- Provide technical support to customer service, clients, and other team members
- Work with team members to identify needs, gather requirements, and effectively scope UI projects
Experience we’d like to see:
- At least 3-years designing and developing responsive web pages and applications
- Comprehensive HTML5
- Working experience with AJAX, JSON
- Spry (only so that can phase it out of our product)
- Ability to work with aggressive time lines and targets
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with others in a diverse population and effectively collaborate to determine optimum solutions
- Ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Position requires Austin, TX area residence
If you know it even better:
- Experience with GIT
- Experience with Coldfusion
- Experience with MSSQL server
What’s in it for you:
- Great base salary
- Monthly incentive program
- Annual bonus program
- One of the most positive work environments you’re going to find anywhere!
- angularjs bootstrap,HTML5, CSS, JSON and XML: 3 years
About the Job:
This role will perform development and technical operations of web based applications in support of NCDOC’s Computer Network Defense missions IAW all standing DoD polices, directives and guidance.
Specific Job Duties include:
- Work with the various team members to design, develop, and maintain NCDOC websites.
- 15 years IT experience
- 5+ years Web Development experience
- Hyper-Text Markup Language (HTML)
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Adobe Coldfusion Markup Language (CFML)
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Current DoD 8570.01-M CSWF IAT level II certification requirement
– B.S. in Computer Science
ColdFusion developer for integration of existing interfaces to new design
SME level ColdFusion developer skills
NETE is seeking a highly motivated, flexible, organized, and detail oriented ColdFusion Developer to join our great team. If you want to learn, grow, and help then this is the job for you. We support a project/customer that “reduces the burden of human illness and disability by understanding how the environment influences the development and progression of human disease.” What you do matters and has significant impact on the medical and scientific communities we serve. Your work here really matters and has real impact.
- Analyzes functional business applications and design specifications for functional activities
- Develop client solutions per design, budget and timelines
- Develops codes, tests, and debugs new software or enhancements to existing software
- Perform prototyping, system analysis, development, fielding, and maintenance of systems
- Maintain web applications using standard API’s
- Conduct software testing to ensure satisfaction of application development requirements
- Identify and report potential development issues impacting timeline and/or budget
- Develop custom applications while following the company’s/best programming standards
- Produce quality well-tested code for the assigned projects
- Keep up-to-date with technical as well as industry sector developments
- Responsible for configuring plugins and gadgets that extend the capability of JIRA
- Administer the JIRA instances on a day to day basis including performance tuning/scaling the instances.
- Create complex JIRA workflows including project workflows, screen schemes, permission scheme and notification schemes in JIRA
Location: Research Triangle Park, Morrisville, NC
- At least 5+ years of experience of relevant software development experience
- Experience with ColdFusion 9 or above
- At least 3 years of knowledge of FW/1 or other Object Oriented frameworks
- Experience working in JIRA and/or porting other ticketing system’s existing databases into JIRA is preferred
- At least 2 years of knowledge of SQL and relational databases (SQL Server and/or Oracle)
- At least 2 years of Knowledge of testing on major browsers and exposure to cross-browser/platform compatibility issues
- At least 2 years of experience with web and internet architecture
- Motivated team player and ability to lead independent self-managed projects in Agile/SCRUM team structure
- Great customer service and interfacing with customers required
- Must be flexible to change and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline, or Master’s degree
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust background security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information. US Citizens or Permanent Residents preferred.
Location: King of Prussia, PA
Job Type: Direct Hire
We are currently seeking a ColdFusion Developer to build and support web-based applications. The candidate will work in the Application Development team, and will be expected to provide technical expertise for the department. The ideal candidate will have experience working with other developers, users, and business owners in maintaining web-based applications.
- Experience in designing, developing, implementing and maintaining web-based applications.
- Expected to perform and produce in a fast-paced development environment
- Knowledge of relational databases and applications including design, development, implementation and maintenance
- Trouble-shooting, debugging, proofing & testing
- Follow proper coding standards
- Support internal and external clients
- Other duties as assigned.
- Preferably bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or Information Systems)
- 3 years of related IT experience
- Strong knowledge of ColdFusion and other web-based technologies including ASP, .Net, or PHP
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, JQuery, XML, XHTML, AJAX, XSL, XSLT
- Oracle database programming including PL/SQL, data manipulation, DDL, creating function, views and stored procedures
- Able to establish and maintain effective key business relationships with both internal staff and external contacts.
- Ability to work independently, with a high sense of urgency and ability to adapt to situations quickly
Duties and Responsibilities:
Although writing code & programming applications will be a key part of this position, the ability to understand work flow processes on the front end, and a “big picture” understanding of the infrastructure nuances of turn-key or end-to-end solutions, will be very helpful.
This Senior Developer and Task Leader will provide and help oversee web application development and Web support towards development of new web applications, maintaining existing tools, and creating modules within the client’s Intranet, Internet and other Legacy applications, which includes:
- Experience designing graphical user interfaces and reports that contain graphs/charts;
- Full System Lifecycle Development experience as Programmers are expected to be able to communicate well with the client and end-users
- Ensuring that code aligns with corporate programming standards and industry best practices (e.g. 508 compliance).
- Design and administer databases using SQL Server 2008.
- Some ability to mentor, manage and train other development team members and users.
- a four year degree is preferred, but 10+ years of relevant technical experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ years strong, demonstrable knowledge of Cold Fusion development.
- Fundamental understanding of Object Oriented Programming.
- Strong, demonstrable understanding of programmatic data-access to SQL Server.
- Demonstrable understanding of HTML, and CSS.
- Full System Lifecycle Development experience, including Requirements gathering and full project documentation.
- Strong inter-personal and communications skills as Programmers must effectively communicate with all other technical staff, client personnel, and end-users.
- Ability to multitask & work independently.
- US citizenship and either an active Secret clearance, or ability to immediately obtain an interim Secret clearance is REQUIRED!
Additional Helpful Skills:
- Preference for Knowledge of XML/RSS and serialized data formats.
- Preference for developers with experience leading projects of any size.
I am looking for a ColdFusion developer to join a financial, software as a service company, right outside Philadelphia. My client has been the leading source for investment software for over 20 years. Their tech team is constantly creating new and innovative enhancements; keeping their software ahead of the curve.
Casual environment, new development, work from home flexibility, healthcare and dental benefits.