Our client is seeking a fulltime coldfusion developer. The developer would be responsible for developing enhancements to the current system as well as eventually migrate the program from coldfusion to java.
- Front-end web technologies
- SQL, Oracle
Piper Enterprise Solutions is seeking a ColdFusion Developer to work among a team of 12 to develop applications for the company’s internal users. The ColdFusion Developer will work with minimal supervision and must be someone who can manage themselves. The ColdFusion Developer will need to have more than three years of experience with ColdFusion, strong knowledge of SQL server, and be able to work with front end technologies.
Requirements for a ColdFusion Developer:
- 3+ years ColdFusion development experience
- Experience with SQL Server
- Experience with front-end technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience
Compensation for a ColdFusion Developer: $38/hr – $48/hr (Depending on relevant experience, prior compensation, and education)
Coldfusion Web Developer
The Coldfusion Web Developer will be responsible for supporting the existing infrastructure as well as developing new technologies.
- Develop new Web applications as identified by supervisor
- Maintain and support existing company-wide Intranet along with various existing Web applications
- Provide end-user training and support for existing and new applications (internal and external)
- Work in a team environment and willing to teach and to learn
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or related experience with at least 3+ years’ experience with the following:
- ColdFusion 8 +
- SQL Server 2005
- Excellent written and oral skills with demonstrated interpersonal and organization abilities
- Able to work in a varied fast paced environment
- Wwork independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Have prior experience with hardware and software issue resolution
- Desire for increasing levels of responsibility and complexity
- The ability to communicate and teach non-technical users
- Respond proactively to training, technical support and customer service needs.
Are you looking to work in a low stress environment and a company with excellent benefits? Then apply today! Our client located on the Northside of Chicago is looking to hire a Web Designer with Creative Suite and knowledge in ColdFusion (or similar tool) on a contract to hire basis. This is a great opportunity with excellent benefits when it goes permanent. There will be some customer service aspects to the position, so candidates must have excellent communication skills and we able to work in a collaborative environment. Restricted to US citizens, permanent residents and other “protected individuals” under section 274B of the INA
- Develop and enhance (through Adobe Cold Fusion) the overall structure and design of website, including the creation of graphics, style sheets, and navigational menus.
- Work with employees and Members to post content updates in a timely manner.
- Develop new website features and content to promote the programs and objectives.
- Process website new user registrations, as well as scholarship and grant applications.
- Answer phone calls and emails related to website access privileges for employees, community members, and other website users.
- Monitor website for broken links, obsolete content, and typographical errors.
- Answer support phone calls and emails from website users.
- Develop online help and online manuals to support website features.
- Write, edit and distribute email newsletters for website users.
- Restricted to US citizens, permanent residents and other “protected individuals” under section 274B of the INA
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and related work experience.
- Must also have excellent design skills, and a thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Now Creative Cloud) on a PC platform.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server is a huge plus.
- Must also be detail oriented, have strong communication and organizational skills, high level of initiative, the ability to work both independently as well as part of a team, ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, and the ability to read and interpret technical information.
- Must also be patient and able to work with and communicate effectively with people of varying levels of computer skills across the organization.
- Mobile development is a big plus
- SQL Server exposure a big plus
- SQL is a big plus
- Must be willing to take phone calls from some of the older members who need to find out their password.
ColdFusion Developer Job Summary
This position would is responsible for maintaining our current ColdFusion applications and assisting in creating and maintaining web sites, testing procedures, and investigating and resolving problems. Successful candidate will be self-motivated, organized and task-orientated with excellent communication skills.
ColdFusion Developer Education and Experience
- Two or Four year degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- Practical experience in SQL Server 2012. Experience in Microsoft’s .NET platform a plus.
I have numerous projects that need to be done.
Need my eCommerce site update so it can be easily reused for other client (4 at the moment).
Am willing to talk about partnership.
Contact Phone: 310.391.3990
This is a fultime position for our client CMMi 5 and ISO 9001 certified company and a leading federal contractor.
Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- Design, develop, test and implement web-based workflow applications to support business requirements using ColdFusion technologies
- Assist the project team in translating business requirements into technical requirements and document them
- Follow approved life-cycle methodologies, industry standard concepts, best practices
- Create design documents, and performs program coding, unit testing, and testing
- Produce high quality commented code and database scripts
- Produce high quality project documentation
- Develop highly interactive web user interfaces
- Ensure application code and database scripts integrity through the usage of configuration management tools
- Installation and configuration of new releases from development, verification, and production environments
- Provide demonstration to the end users of newly released functionalities
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Assist in deployment of new releases to verification environment
- Assist in all areas of SDLC as directed
- Actively participate in Peer Review teams for purposes of assessing solutions for client needs
- Actively participate in project lessons learned meetings
- Ensure work products produced on the project follow the project naming convention and are properly maintained under the project configuration management system
- Manage multiple concurrent tasks. A degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Assist in execution of CMMi process areas for continuous improvement
- Assist in risk mitigation strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field,
- 8+ relevant years of hands on experience in a wide array of technologies
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with development of Applications / Services using ColdFusion technologies and tools
- Experience working with databases like Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Experience in writing complex database queries, creating tables/views, stored procedures
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with other development technologies like .Net
- Relevant Professional certifications
- Masters’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field
This is a full-time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance.