- Able to start immediately
- Successfully interact with product owners, quality assurance testers, other developers, and system architect daily to produce high quality results in a timely fashion.
- Develop, program, test, and maintain web-related projects including, but not limited to websites, landing pages and Databases
- Expected to perform and produce in a fast-paced development environment
- Knowledge of relational databases and applications including design, development, implementation and maintenance
- Follow proper coding standards
- Effective communication skills and interpersonal skills are required
- Able to establish and maintain effective key business relationships with both internal staff and external contacts
- Ability to work independently, with a high sense of urgency and ability to adapt to situations quickly
- Attends meetings and provides information to staff as appropriate.
- Must be a US citizen
- Experience working with Department of Defense preferred
- Security clearance preferred
- CAC card preferred
- Web programming experience with ColdFusion version 9, 10 or 11
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with relational databases (SQL)
- Strong self-management skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ambition and passion about technology and the Web
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- DOD: 1 year
- Codfusion Developement: 2 years
Required licenses or certifications:
- Security Clearance
- CAC Card
- US Citizenship
$100,000 a year
The SME will have eight years’ experience in the relevant field or a combination of relevant experience coupled with specialized education or subject matter experience. Concentrated hands-on experience in the specific discipline of the subject matter field required by a customer task order. The SME provides technical and/or specialized guidance concerning complex problems or challenges in the subject matter field.
- Design and create front end software components that are focused on a positive and enjoyable User Experience * Develop software components and presentation according to defined user requirements * Collaborate within and across teams to develop software components according to schedule * Proactively identify and execute Unit/String testing opportunities * Design software modules that interact with larger software project deliverables
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Expert in the following Computer Languages : ColdFusion, Java
- Experience with jQuery, Angular, CSS, HTML, Web Services, SQL
- Ability to quickly interpret and understand code with differing development styles
- Planning and organizational skills with a strong focus on attention to detail
- Ability to work in an Agile development environment
- Willingness to proactively follow agreed upon coding standards and guidelines
- Ability to summarize progress and articulate issues to the project team
- Ability to take ownership of specific tasks and follow the project teams direction through to completion with minimal supervision
- Ability to understand technical and usability requirements and translate them to “state of the art” finished interface
We are currently looking for a Java Developer to join our Team in our Crystal City, VA Office.
Job Summary :
- Analyze and gather requirements and convert project specifications, problems and procedures to create detailed design flowchart for coding.
- Research, develop and write complex high end, mission critical, role based enterprise level computer programs requiring high degree of security and computational ability.
- Review and analyze complex programming specifications to resolve issues. Prepare technical standards, provide technical advice and guidance, and collaborate with other programmers to conceptualize and develop design.
- Conduct thorough problem analysis, document findings, and propose creative solutions.
- Prepare test strategies and test plan documents.
- Perform various forms of testing including unit, functional and quality assurance.
- Coordinate end to end runs and provide production support and suggest enhancements to existing business applications.
- Use technical judgment and make appropriate system decisions.
- Analyze and debug Application/Client Server connectivity problems.
- Perform SDLC process including designing and developing applications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Experience working as a JAVA/J2EE developer and with Java to J2EE standards and technologies including but not limited to: o JSP o Struts 2 o iBATIS o Spring o Servlets o Beans o Servlets
- Experience in o SQL and PLSQL coding , Stored procedures and packages , SQL performance tuning o SQL troubleshooting
- Strong experience in Weblogic Application Server, Sun Solaris, client/server development and web development. Knowledge of UNIX and Linux.
- 2+ years of development experience with Java Swing/Derby is a must
- Strong experience in software architecture
- Very good understanding of Mobile Computing technologies and experience in development of applications for handheld devices.
- Prior experience in capture and storage of photographic images in strongly required Strong debugging skills of the application.
- Experience in programming in ColdFusion Excellent working knowledge of internet/intranet technologies.
- Sun Certified developer is a plus.
- Prior experience in managing teams and mentoring junior team members
- Excellent communication skills Ability to dedicate work to team members and validate results
Required Education: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
Required Experience: ***Prior experience in the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC) highly desired***
This job requires Active Public Trust. HUD PIV card preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification:
The Senior Application Developer will work on-site in Morrisville, NC.
Responsibilities: The role of Senior Application Developer must have knowledge and experience working with Web applications tools/languages. Principal responsibilities include:
- Develop project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Contribute to all phases of the product life-cycle
- Develop design, structure, content, and functionality of new applications
- Produce clean, well-structured, and easily maintainable code compliant with 508c accessibility standards
- Lead project teams
- Lead in the design and implementation of tools to search and display data
- Ensure comprehensive, quality project documentation are created
- Lead and mentor junior developers as assigned
Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 8 years’ experience developing applications within a team setting
Required Skills and Competencies:
To be considered, candidates should have the following:
- Expertise with ColdFusion, PHP and Laravel frameworks
- Good knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer)
- Experience of working with browser based development and debugging tools (Firefox Firebug, Safari, Chrome and IE developer tools)
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
- Familiarity with web graphics tools and responsive design (bootstrap familiarity is plus)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Subversion(SVN) or other mainstream source control system
- Section 508 accessibility standards
The successful candidate will be subject to a background investigation by the government and must be able to meet the requirements to hold a position of public trust.
Web Developer, Mid Key Role:
- 7+ years of experience in information technology designing, developing, and delivery of Web-based solutions or applications
- 3+ years of experience with SharePoint technologies, including SharePoint Server 2010 and 2013, SharePoint Designer, SharePoint Services 3.0, and SharePoint REST API
- Experience with relational databases, including Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, or SQL Server
- TS/SCI clearance
- HS diploma or GED and 7+ years of experience with software development or BA or BS degree and 5+ years of experience in developing information technology solutions
- Experience with performing customer service and support
- Experience with gathering user requirements and writing design documents
- Experience with Web services
- Experience with jQuery
- Experience with designing and building Web pages using a variety of graphics software applications, techniques, and tools
- Experience with designing and developing user interface features, site animation, and special-effects elements
- Ability to work well in a team environment and analyze an organization’s strategies and goals relative to external communications to develop an effective Web site
- Ability to advise and assist with a design group’s efforts to enhance the look and feel of the organization’s online offerings
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
U.S. Citizenship and Top Secret with SCI clearance with polygraph are absolutely required.
Required qualifications :
Primary tasks include:
- Consult with graphic designers, cartographers, and multimedia specialists to develop visual aids and other graphic tools to improve intelligence products.
- Publish content, design content placement, acquire, package and promote web content.
- Maintain logs to monitor site status and usage statistics.
- Work with team of editors and reviewers of drafts of IC products.
- Must be thoroughly proficient (expert level) in Microsoft Word and intermediate level in PowerPoint.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately, and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Must be highly organized, proactive, and collaborative.
- Possess an excellent command of the English language, including grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to develop simple graphics such as organizational charts and flow diagrams.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and be flexible and agile to meet quick turnarounds and hard deadlines.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize.
Additional Comments :
- Hours: 8 hours daily/M-F
- Location: McLean, VA
Software engineering experience is required. ColdFusion Experience in multiple programming languages and a desire to learn new ones. Knowledge of and experience with networking and network protocols Experience with various web technologies and protocols Previous work the Department of Justice (DOJ) Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered career, or journey, level.
Seeking an entry to mid-level Software Developer to support our mission oriented customer task for new and existing software and database systems development and support.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain enterprise business process solutions.
- Work individually or on development team to deliver customized applications using Java, J2EE, SQL, XML and WSDL technologies.
- Design and develop application prototypes, utilities, and solutions across multiple environments using full life-cycle methodologies (requirements definition, design, development, testing, and implementation).
- Gather technical requirements and develop design specifications.
- Produce specifications and design documentation including process flow, class diagrams, sequence diagrams, physical architecture, system and web services interface specifications, data dictionary and data model.
- Participate in internal design reviews and code reviews; perform unit testing and conduct system testing. Assist with and provide input to implementation plans and operational plans.
- Create project work estimates;
- Report progress to program manager on a bi-weekly schedule or as necessary in a timely and effective manner
- Set priorities and resolve project issues with customer.
- When necessary get direction from program manager when issues need to be escalated.
Required Skills and Education:
- 3-5 years of experience in proven problem solving and analytical skills as they relate to Java, J2EE, SQL, XML and WSDL technologies and
Ability to work independently to complete project activities;
- possessing initiative to address issues and opportunities
- Flexible and able to work under tight schedules to meet deadlines.
- Ability to implement solutions and identify operational or management issues.
- Creative, collaborative, team-oriented
- Prior consulting experience is advantage.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- 3-5 years of proven experience in customer interfacing skills including need assessment, requirements gathering, scoping, risk assessment, and expectation setting.
- Strong verbal and written skills including experience presenting to customers at all levels, writing proposals, final reports and technical documentation. 3+ years of experience developing and implementing enterprise applications using a full life cycle development process.
- 3+ years of experience in Java, J2EE, JSP, JSM, and EJB, to include working with internet related architectures and web service applications.
- 3+ years of external consulting experience in software development for the junior level and 5+ years for the mid-level developer.
- 3+ years of experience in the development on Windows Server 2003/2008. Knowledge in Microsoft SQL and/or SQL and database design experience.
- Working knowledge of ColdFusion 9.0 3+ years of experience with XML, XSL and XML Schema design.
- Working knowledge of EAI toolsets and concepts, such as EBXML.
- Working knowledge of portal solutions (SharePoint).
- Working knowledge of EDMS solutions (SharePoint).
- Ability to produce commercial quality specifications and design documentation including process flow, class diagrams, sequence diagrams, physical architecture, system and web services interface specifications, data dictionary and data model, etc.
Writes ColdFusion code to create single-threaded or user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone or those which access servers or services. – Develops code necessary to complete the assigned project(s) in the specified time frame according to departmental standards and guidelines. – Identifies and reports problems in new and existing software. Recreates reported software problems to facilitate solutions. This includes validating the fix for the software problem. – Writes, modifies, and debugs software for client applications. – Develops the critical components of the solution, including but not limited to, security, rules infrastructure, custom adapter implementation, and application interfaces. – Interprets business requirements and implements the necessary technology to fulfill requirements. – Work with primary technical lead for projects suporting analyzing existing application interfaces, schemas and data needs. – Architects and codes multi-environment system solutions utilizing ColdFusion. – Seeks to improve personal job related knowledge and departmental processes.
- Five or more years of ColdFusion development & coding experience as part of a deliverable product or service.
- Knowledge using CFML scripting language provide quick response to customer requests for web-based analytical systems.
- Client-side code generation, especially for form widgets and validation
- Data retrieval from common enterprise systems such as Active Directory, LDAP, SMTP, POP, HTTP, FTP, Microsoft Exchange Server and common data formats such as RSS and Atom
- File indexing and searching service based on Apache Solr
- GUI administration
- Server, application, client, session, and request scopes
- XML parsing, querying (XPath), validation and transformation (XSLT)
- Graphing and reporting
- Current or former Intelligence Community (IC) and/or Department of Defense (DoD) operation software development.
- Must possess an active Secret Clearance.
- Hadoop, Exist, Blur, GreenPlum, PostGreSQL, Linux, ApacheMQ, Camel, Spring, Swing, Oracle 11g, SQL, HTML, LDAP, Active Directory, SQL, a plus.
- Current or former Intelligence Community (IC) and/or Department of Defense (DoD) operation software development.
Pay: 70 – 120 K/Yearly
Security Clearances: Secret
Relocation Costs Paid: Negotiable
Preferred Degree: Bachelors