MemberCentral has an immediate opportunity for a highly motivated Senior ColdFusion Developer.
This position, as a member of our core development team, will be responsible for the full-stack development and maintenance of our SaaS browser-based applications and websites powered by ColdFusion/Lucee and SQL Server 2005-2014. Our development stack also includes MongoDB, AWS Lambda & S3, NGINX, Birt, Groovy, and other technologies.
We are a financially stable and growing private company based in Southwest Austin that will provide an opportunity to work directly with client associations across North America. We have a competitive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision benefits, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, and a performance and goal-based bonus program. We offer a fast-paced environment that encourages you to solve problems quickly and creatively.
This is a permanent opportunity to use and show off your passion for development. You will be involved in the design and implementation, launch, performance tuning, and support of new product features, enhancement of existing features, and creation of new tools and APIs to streamline processes.
- Demonstrated confidence in ColdFusion, including use of variable scopes, CFCs, parsing XML, consuming/developing web services and a familiarity with MVC and framework methodologies.
- Demonstrated confidence in developing optimized queries using complicated joins, stored procedures, temp tables, CTEs, functions and views.Demonstrated confidence in devising sound data models and elegant code given a complex set of requirements
- Demonstrated confidence in identifying and optimizing code/query execution bottlenecks
- Experience with other development languages (Java, Scala, Node.js, Python, etc) preferred, but not required.Familiarity with command line usage in Linux (or other UNIX variants) preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile methodologies preferred, but not required.
- Ability to communicate well with team members and customers, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to show initiative and be ready to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Be someone that can take a project and run with it and produce quality work.
BS degree in Computer Science or related coursework required. Six years related experience or combination of education and experience may substitute for degree requirements. Preference given to those who have been programming in ColdFusion over the past four to five years.
Extremely competitive salary range based on experience and ability to perform; Comprehensive benefit package including bonuses, medical, dental, vision, and a 401(k) plan.
Send your cover letter with background and salary requirements and resume. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
- ColdFusion: 5 years
- SQL Server 2005-2014: 5 years
- Senior Level Developer Experience: 4 years