SilkRoad is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to perform web application and API development in support of SilkRoad products. They will also design and develop Human Resources applications with a focus on APIs, databases and user interface principals and techniques.
- Performs full life cycle system development activities (requirements definition, design, development, testing: verification/validation), implementation, and quality assurance.
- Develops RESTful APIs using ASP.net and C#
- Develops web pages using ASP.net, C#, MS MVC, AngularJS, HTML, XSL/XSLT.
- Designs and implements relational databases.
- Creates and executes efficient stored procedures and queries against relational databases, primarily SQL Server 2016.
- Translates functional requirements into applications; develops and implements test validations of the applications.
- Analyzes test results and recommends modifications to the applications to meet functional specifications; resolves implementation and post-production issues.
- Documents modifications and enhancements made to the applications as required by the project.
- Results driven professional.
- Passionate team member; cultivates an energizing environment and is committed to team success.
- Supports a culture of customer appreciation and service excellence; delivers on-time, superior solutions that exceed customer expectations.
- Successful communicator at all levels using all media, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates skill, knowledge and understanding of company, products, job duties, and appropriate work methods.
- Contributes to a climate of innovation and continuous improvement to achieve excellence and support business success.
- Demonstrates personal excellence, accountability and integrity.
- Ability to interface with external contacts while favorably representing SilkRoad in the marketplace.
- Demonstrates skills in requirements gathering and documentation.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced, team based environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem resolution abilities.
- Proficient with computer software and MS Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience designing and implementing commercial software.
- Strong experience with systems integration
- Experience working with iterative development methodologies (XP, Scrum…).
- Experience with code maintenance.
- Desired Experience
- Strong understanding of Azure and its available services.
- Experience with ColdFusion.
Web Developer, Mid Key Role:
- 7+ years of experience in information technology designing, developing, and delivery of Web-based solutions or applications
- 3+ years of experience with SharePoint technologies, including SharePoint Server 2010 and 2013, SharePoint Designer, SharePoint Services 3.0, and SharePoint REST API
- Experience with relational databases, including Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, or SQL Server
- TS/SCI clearance
- HS diploma or GED and 7+ years of experience with software development or BA or BS degree and 5+ years of experience in developing information technology solutions
- Experience with performing customer service and support
- Experience with gathering user requirements and writing design documents
- Experience with Web services
- Experience with jQuery
- Experience with designing and building Web pages using a variety of graphics software applications, techniques, and tools
- Experience with designing and developing user interface features, site animation, and special-effects elements
- Ability to work well in a team environment and analyze an organization’s strategies and goals relative to external communications to develop an effective Web site
- Ability to advise and assist with a design group’s efforts to enhance the look and feel of the organization’s online offerings
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
Seeking a ColdFusion Software Developer to join our team supporting the largest law enforcement agency in the Country with their intelligence endeavors.
You will be working onsite at the customer’s location as a member of their team, and will get to work independently to help maintain and enhance a software application that has been in production use since shortly after 911. Good communication and problem solving skills are required.
In addition to working with great people, you will enjoy a view of the Statue of Liberty and the amenities of lower Manhattan, all while in walking distance to the Subway and PATH.
Contract requires US Citizenship Must pass a Law Enforcement background check.
Specific technical skill needed are:
- 3-5 years current ColdFusion experience.
- 3-5 years experience with Java and J2EE.
- 3-5 years MS SQL development experience.
- Proficient with other web technologies, including JQuery, Angular, Bootstrap, Node.JS, & ExtJS.
- Experience with MVC/MVVM development patterns.
- Experience interfacing with REST services.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems.
Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
Ensures software standards are met.
BS or equivalent + 3 -5 yrs related experience, or MS + 3 yrs related experience
Duration: 3-6 Month Contract, possible RTH
The ColdFusion Developer will provide software/Web development expertise assisting in design and development of proprietary web-based business systems.
- Must have 5-7+ years’ experience in software and web systems development.
- Proven background designing and developing web-based software systems.
- Must have a strong background in ColdFusion development.
- Strong experience with Bootstrap and AngularJS.
- Must have Web development experience using HTML/HTML5 and CSS/CSS3.
- Must have solid understand and proven experience work with SQL Server.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience using REST API, JSON, JWT preferred.
- Experience with VisualStudio and TFS preferred.
- Experience with video streaming/Vimeo preferred.
- Solid understanding of the .NET Entity Framework preferred.
- Familiarity with Git.
- Background in AngularJS 2 a plus.
- Background working with Insurance industry products a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with other developers to produce working software that delivers business value and follows established design patterns
- Develop, Code or modify, test, and debug application programs of varying degree of complexity
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Troubleshoot production problems within assigned applications software
- Work with business users to develop and implement acceptance tests to ensure that product meets customer requirements and expectations.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Proven experience in full software lifecycle development
- Expertise in ColdFusion 11 and Oracle 11g Database (RAC).
- Experience in software and COTS integration processes.
- Demonstrated understanding of full software development lifecycle, including quality gates (inspections, unit testing, early integration testing)
- Experience with Java/J2EE, XML with Soap or REST Web Services and Unix Solaris
- Experience with Agile practices.
- Experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives.
- Ability to prioritize, status, and multitask.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of experience required with a related Master’s degree. Considered an emerging authority .
Job Type: Full-time
- Coldfusion: 7 years
- Java: 7 years
- Maintain existing ColdFusion code including code from 2005
- Manage SQL database maintenance & CMS Commonspot
- Facilitate all reporting and tracking
- Enhance mobile website, re-templating, responsive site design
- Assist in re-platforming company website and move to .NET
- 3+ Years Experience in developing with ColdFusion (7 or 8)
- Very strong with MS SQL Server queries and data mining
- Experience interfacing with web services through ColdFusion: SOAP, REST, XML
- Hands-on experience with SQL Server 2005 or 2008
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work well with current development team
- Previous experience in implementing SQL Server Database Replication
- Knowledge of server setup/administration (Windows 2000, MS SQL Server 2000)
- Experience with Foundry Load Balancers & Pix firewalls
IMPORTANT: SORRY NO 3RD PARTY AGENCIES, CORP TO CORP, SUB VENDORS, OR H1B SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.
Location: Washington DC
Duration: 12 Months, with 3+ years extensions
Min Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
Min. Citizenship Required: open – US Citizen, Green Card or H1-B
Min. Clearance Required: MBI
About the Opportunity
Inalab has an immediate opening for a ColdFusion developer to join our Washington DC location, to support a federal agency office. The ideal candidate will have the necessary and proven skills in ColdFusion 7 with extensive hand on experience with Web Application programming using .Net. The candidate should also have full lifecycle implementation experience for C# and .Net.
- At least 5 years of experience with ColdFusion 7.
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Extensive expertise and hands on experience with Web Applications and programming languages listed in the skills and experience. Extensive functional knowledge, hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.) is needed to be successful in this position.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
- Strong written and verbal technical communication skills.
- Experience interacting directly with end users and client stakeholders to gather requirements, creation of users and user groups, provide support for data quality/integrity issues, and provide support to end users.
- Ability to work in a complex and ever changing business environment with exceptional analytical and process skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience
EvoGov is currently looking for an experienced Python developer with considerable experience programming with the Django framework. Your work experience must include building meaningful production-ready web applications. Production experience with Amazon AWS is strongly preferred.
Our ideal candidate is a hard working, passionate Python/Django Developer that has at least 2 years experience in developing and deploying meaningful Django applications. A Computer Science degree is preferred, but not required. Excellent english language communication and writing skills are a requirement. You must be passionate about building secure, high-performance applications and open-source. Our ideal candidate is not afraid to take a central role in the development of our platform.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Worked as a lead, sole or senior developer on a significant web development project.
- Expert level Python / Django. Experience creating local development environments (pip, vagrant, virtualenv, virtualbox, etc.)
- Training and foundational experience with Object Oriented Programming and a solid grasp of coding best practices.
- Solid understanding of HTTP, REST.
- Nginx and Apache experience.
- PostreSQL experience is a must.
- TSQL – the ability to write SQL statements and complex joins.
- Foundational experience with CSS, HTML and corresponding best practices. Designer-level experience not required.
- SQL Database experience. We use PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server
- Strong Linux/Unix or OS X experience and proficiency with terminal (e.g. BASH) commands and scripts.
- Enthusiasm with favorite text editor or IDE.
- Use version control regularly – We use Git / GitHub
- Debugging expertise.
Great Skills to Have
- ColdFusion (our legacy platform’s application server, using the Fusebox framework)
- MS SQL Server – database of our legacy platform
- Amazon AWS (EC2, S3, Route 53, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk)
- Perform debug work on our current application and hosting stack to keep it running smoothly as we upgrade to the new platform. Training will be provided.
- Your main focus will be our new Django project and stack.
- Maintain code versioning on GitHub. We have an 99% complete Django project running on GitHub and AWS already, so you won’t be starting from scratch.
- The platform you will be working on is described at a high level in this site: www.typesight.com. We can discuss the details in an interview.
- You will play a critical role in planning with management to design/build/test/deploy new Django apps that will work in this new Django project.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary range for this position is quite wide, from $70,000 to $100,000.
- Salary and benefits are negotiable, depending on experience and qualifications.
- Full-time opportunity.
- Equity opportunity (stock options) for the right candidate and commitment.
- Equal opportunity employer.