Builds and maintains web applications, predominantly for the web portal and the main public web site. The incumbent will be involved in the gathering of functional requirements, prototyping, design, development, deployment and maintenance of enterprise and other web applications.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field, or comparable years of additional progressive programming experience as a web or software technical analyst, developer or software engineer.
- 2+ years of ColdFusion or similar programming experience
- Practical experience with project lifecycles, source code management, and code reviews
- Demonstrated knowledge of web application security concepts and performance best practices for high traffic web sites
- Hands on experience with databases, preferably Oracle and MS SQL Server or similar
- Knowledge of current best practices in usability, accessibility, and Section 508 compliance
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, .Net, C#, or other object oriented language
- Experience with CommonSpot, a Content Management System by PaperThin
- Experience developing mobile friendly web sites
This position will not include the luxury of having tunnel vision for any one area; rather, this individual will need to exhibit excellent judgment on how to prioritize between focusing on existing versus new applications and between features, architectural improvements, and operational excellence. A self-starter who insists on creating innovative solutions and has the ability to practically apply best-practice web technologies to meet business objectives will succeed in this role. Successful completion of background check is required.