Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- Design, code, deploy, and test applications according to the requirements and industry best practices.
- Collaborate to design and implement features
- Implement assigned components as defined in the system design.
- Manages monthly release schedule for application sustainment and enhancements
- Provide documentation for scheduled and emergency releases including design documents, releases notes, migration documentation
- Write unit and integration tests to ensure those features never break
- Create and implement system-wide Unit Test plans for regression testing
- Support ColdFusion server administration, deployment, and compliance within operational environment.
- Use version control to version your code and documentations
- Conduct peer reviews and code reviews
- US Citizenship
- ADP 2 or Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field.
- 8+ relevant years of hands on experience in a wide array of web technologies including
- ColdFusion 2016
- Experience in development of Web Applications
- Experience in utilizing/creating data models
- Experience in writing complex database queries, creating tables/views, stored procedures against Oracle Databases
- Experience in multi-tier development projects including development of middle tier and front end interface
- Must be a creative thinker who can work well on a team
Nice to have:
This is a full time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance. To be considered for this position, please apply online with a cover letter and MS Word resume.
Duties and RESPONSIBILITIES :
Develop custom programs for websites, which will attract and appeal to users, and provide desired information. Possess a thorough knowledge of programming and server software operations. Create web front-end user interface to new or existing databases using a combination of HTML, SQL, C#, ASP.Net or other languages. Formulate or define system requirements to develop or modify complex systems and web applications and work flow process applications, task tracking systems, knowledge management and content delivery websites and general web application portals. Developer will design, develop, unit test, debug, document, and maintain program code. Customer support of SharePoint issues includes, but not limited to: site administration, permissions management, general list and document library creation and management, site layout and appearance changes, and advanced list and workflow creation.
Candidate should be knowledgeable and comfortable using SharePoint Designer. Possess a general knowledge of web technologies (e.g. browsers, web servers, database servers, DNS, etc.) and their interrelationships. Candidate can customize web pages by using XHTML, CSS, and other web languages, following industry standards. Possess good communication and problem solving skills to troubleshoot user’s issues.
Required Qualifications :
- Typically requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent and five to seven years of related experience.
- Knowledge of web development principals, techniques, and languages, standard programming styles and conventions.
- Familiarity with web design and editing tools such as Adobe Dreamweaver or SharePoint Designer.
- Knowledge of ColdFusion and SharePoint is a must.
- Requires knowledge of web to database concepts and T-SQL.
- MS Windows based including IIS, XP, NT, Vista, 7,8.
- Basic graphic software such as Adobe Fireworks, Photoshop, or CorelDraw.
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Active Top Secret clearance
Desired Qualifications :
Candidates with current TS/SCI clearance are preferred, however, will accept candidates with a Top Secret clearance; SCI and Ci Polygraph must be obtainable.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or computer-related discipline plus 8 years of experience in application support, maintenance, development, and engineering practices.
- Must have a strong understanding of Windows Server 2008/2012 operating systems, SQL Server 2008/2014, Internet Information Services (IIS), and Tomcat.
- Experience in the Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) including: Requirements Gathering, Design, Implementation, Testing, and Maintenance.
- Familiarity with server certificates and Common Access Card (CAC) implementations.
- Compliance with change management processes.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and support the application deployment infrastructure.
- Strong communication skills and capable of handling oversight responsibilities on multiple projects with minimum guidance.
- Occasional after hours support may be required.
- Experience with client/server and web based application architectures, Internet Information Services (IIS), Tomcat, ColdFusion, Java, Microsoft Visual Studio 2013/2015, Active Directory.
- Experience identifying and resolving security issues using the HP Fortify 360 product.
- Familiar with the MDA and BMDS programs.
- Maintain existing ColdFusion code including code from 2005
- Manage SQL database maintenance & CMS Commonspot
- Facilitate all reporting and tracking
- Enhance mobile website, re-templating, responsive site design
- Assist in re-platforming company website and move to .NET
- 3+ Years Experience in developing with ColdFusion (7 or 8)
- Very strong with MS SQL Server queries and data mining
- Experience interfacing with web services through ColdFusion: SOAP, REST, XML
- Hands-on experience with SQL Server 2005 or 2008
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work well with current development team
- Previous experience in implementing SQL Server Database Replication
- Knowledge of server setup/administration (Windows 2000, MS SQL Server 2000)
- Experience with Foundry Load Balancers & Pix firewalls
IMPORTANT: SORRY NO 3RD PARTY AGENCIES, CORP TO CORP, SUB VENDORS, OR H1B SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- A minimum of two years of practical experience in HTML programming language including all constructs such as CSS
- A minimum of two years of experience working with Java, J2EE (JSP, servlets, JDBC)
- Proficiency in PL/SQL
- Proficiency in Unix and Windows operating systems and file structures and web servers such as Apache, and application servers such as JBoss/Tomcat.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing and prioritizing.
- Ability to use sound judgment.
- Ability to analyze data logically, defining, evaluating, and solving difficult technical and operational problems where solutions may be of a precedent-establishing nature OR An equivalent combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities.
Red Hand, LLC, purveyor of the Electronic Tenant® Solutions software, is seeking an energetic and capable individual for a Senior Level ColdFusion Developer position.
- Advanced ColdFusion 10
- Advanced ColdFusion Server Management
- Advanced SQL
- Advanced Relational Database Design
- iOS Development
- Android Development
This job is open to US candidates only. Telecommuting will be required if you live outside of the Washington, DC area.
The candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining multiple web applications and internal systems.
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Status: Full Time
- Candidate Location: US Candidates Only
- Ebullient personality that will accurately convey the inherent energy and enthusiasm of the company’s leadership
- Motivated and energetic self-starter
- Determination to meet goals and exceed expectations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Thick skin / ability to improve with constructive criticism and relish positive feedback
- Sense of humor
- Salary – Based on skill level and experience
- Medical Benefits
- SIMPLE IRA
- Entertaining and Energetic Environment
Job Type: Full-time
EvoGov is currently looking for an experienced Python developer with considerable experience programming with the Django framework. Your work experience must include building meaningful production-ready web applications. Production experience with Amazon AWS is strongly preferred.
Our ideal candidate is a hard working, passionate Python/Django Developer that has at least 2 years experience in developing and deploying meaningful Django applications. A Computer Science degree is preferred, but not required. Excellent english language communication and writing skills are a requirement. You must be passionate about building secure, high-performance applications and open-source. Our ideal candidate is not afraid to take a central role in the development of our platform.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Worked as a lead, sole or senior developer on a significant web development project.
- Expert level Python / Django. Experience creating local development environments (pip, vagrant, virtualenv, virtualbox, etc.)
- Training and foundational experience with Object Oriented Programming and a solid grasp of coding best practices.
- Solid understanding of HTTP, REST.
- Nginx and Apache experience.
- PostreSQL experience is a must.
- TSQL – the ability to write SQL statements and complex joins.
- Foundational experience with CSS, HTML and corresponding best practices. Designer-level experience not required.
- SQL Database experience. We use PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server
- Strong Linux/Unix or OS X experience and proficiency with terminal (e.g. BASH) commands and scripts.
- Enthusiasm with favorite text editor or IDE.
- Use version control regularly – We use Git / GitHub
- Debugging expertise.
Great Skills to Have
- ColdFusion (our legacy platform’s application server, using the Fusebox framework)
- MS SQL Server – database of our legacy platform
- Amazon AWS (EC2, S3, Route 53, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk)
- Perform debug work on our current application and hosting stack to keep it running smoothly as we upgrade to the new platform. Training will be provided.
- Your main focus will be our new Django project and stack.
- Maintain code versioning on GitHub. We have an 99% complete Django project running on GitHub and AWS already, so you won’t be starting from scratch.
- The platform you will be working on is described at a high level in this site: www.typesight.com. We can discuss the details in an interview.
- You will play a critical role in planning with management to design/build/test/deploy new Django apps that will work in this new Django project.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary range for this position is quite wide, from $70,000 to $100,000.
- Salary and benefits are negotiable, depending on experience and qualifications.
- Full-time opportunity.
- Equity opportunity (stock options) for the right candidate and commitment.
- Equal opportunity employer.
Responsible for producing web software to resolve business issues. Responsible for analyzing ASC and customer requirements and problems to determine the optimum application of web technologies and associated resources to improve science, business and information systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Position is within the United States Antarctic Program (USAP) Information Technology and Communications department (IT&C). This position may deploy to Antarctica yearly.
- Responsible for designing and developing rich multimedia web content, web pages, and web-based applications for current and future websites in order to fulfill internal/external customer requirements.
- Creates web content utilizing tools such as Adobe CS5, HTML5, Ajax, jquery, and other common web development tools.
- Writes web-based applications to collect, process, and display data in web languages such as Microsoft C# .NET 4, ColdFusion, ASP, XML, SQL, HTML, CSS, Ajax, and Java Script.
- Produces databases and stored procedures in MS SQL Server to support web-based applications.
- Responsible for designing and developing web page layouts for web cameras as well as streaming and other video content.
- Supports operational web-based systems and associated data including knowledge of the languages, and systems environments, and ensures data management.
- Assembles user requirements for new systems, or modifications of existing systems.
- Estimates schedules for systems development and maintenance.
- Analyzes current system operations and coordinates documentation. Works closely with IT Quality Assurance and Technical Operations personnel to ensure seamless transfer of technology from engineering to production.
- Interacts with the National Science Foundation, military and other agency officials, both over the telephone and in person, in a professional and tactful manner.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace program and ensuring safety is the highest priority in the work place.
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or 5 years career experience required.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: None Required.
TRAINING: None Required.
- Minimum of five years experience designing and managing a web presence required.
- minimum three years experience with database systems
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop required.
- Professional oral and written communication skills needed.
- Advanced understanding of web environments including web server configuration.