Medical Science & Computing, Inc. (MSC) is dedicated to providing scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a long history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH). MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities. We are currently searching for a DevOps System Administrator to support the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This is a full-time position located at the NIH Campus in Bethesda, MD. The ideal candidate will be a Systems Administrator who has spent time working as a developer, and understands current DevOps models and software development trends for publishing web applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with software application developers to architect, configure, and troubleshoot application servers and the software running on them.
- Manage the deployment, maintenance, and upgrade process of Applications developed by different development groups and teams
- Implement COTS installations, changes, upgrades, patches and production
- Install and configure systems, custom and third party software packages
- Translate development team requirements into Application/System configuration
- Coordinate tasks between Development teams and Systems team
- Constantly evaluate and improve current processes or design and implement new processes to meet business needs
- Use their Systems and Networking knowledge to isolate and fix application problems
- At least 5+ years of experience
- LINUX/Solaris Administration
- Strong Scripting Skills in Bash/Perl* (sh/ksh/csh/tcsh) and the ability to script on systems using VI/VIM or EMACS
- Experience maintaining patch levels of software installations across multiple systems
- Apache Server administration experience
- Experience troubleshooting and fixing errors common to Applications and Application servers
- Experience in Application Deployment – Java, Standalone Custom Apps, COTS Products
- Experience with Version Control Software Setup, Administration, Configuration (GIT, Subversion, CVS)
- BigIP F5 Loadbalancing Software or other Global and Local Traffic Management Appliances
- Experience Integrating/Configuring Coldfusion, Tomcat (any Java Application Server), Docker, Phusion Passenger, or Vagrant, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Salt
As a member of NIH nVision/Data Warehouse team, the candidate will be playing instrumental role in analysis, design, development and maintenance of NIH nVision/Data Warehouse project. The NIH nVision/Data Warehouse is an enterprise-wide web application that brings administrative and financial data to NIH user community. The candidate will be involved in writing complex Cold Fusion programs to develop and enhance a federal budget, finance and HR back office applications. Other tasks involve analyzing user requirements, troubleshooting issues in the software, developing bug-fixes and enhancements, involvement in performance tuning efforts, apart from providing operational support.
- 2-8 years of ColdFusion Web Developing experience
- Comfortable designing data driven dynamic web applications
- Strong SQL and relational database experience
- BS degree in a related field
Medical Science & Computing, Inc. (MSC) is dedicated to providing scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a long history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH). MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities. We are currently searching for a DCMS Developer to support the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This is a full-time position located at the NIH Campus in Bethesda, MD.
- Support and maintain a mature business critical application that loads and extracts medical journal citation data to and from an Oracle database.
- Map data received and sent as XML to Oracle database using a table-driven Java program.
- Load tables for XML mapping by using a combination of Shell script and C programs
- Use an Adobe Flex/ColdFusion application once the XML DTD tree is loaded to map the tree elements to the Oracle database
- Employ knowledge of UNIX and Linux commands and Shell Scripting to complete tasks as assigned
- Support department-wide migration to Django/Python
- Employ problem-solving and multi-tasking skills to achieve project objectives within a team environment
- Very strong hands-on experience in Java with JAPX for XML parsing (SAX & DOM parsers)
- Very Strong hands-on experience in Oracle, SQL and PL/SQL
- Experience using Django and Python
- Very strong skills and experience in analysis and tuning the performance of database applications
- Demonstrated experience in system/application design and architecture
- Demonstrated experience in application/system performance and best practice of coding
- Demonstrated experience in researching new technologies and making recommendations about their applicability in development projects
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and repairing software systems, both collaboratively and individually
- Knowledge and experience in application/database security
- Knowledge and experience in XML/DTD/XSLT and Linux/UNIX
- BS and MS or in Computer Science or related field
- 4 years of related experience required
We have an opportunity in Bethesda, MD for a Web-based, Software Developer in Bethesda, MD.
- BS/BA (at minimum) REQUIRED
- Extensive experience in application software development – requirements analysis, database design, data flow processes, re-engineering and optimization
- Extensive/Solid experience in programming skills with transaction application, Web Development Extensive/Solid experience in programming skills with transaction application web development (including but not limited to):
- Interest in library systems and strong ability (quick learning) to understand domain knowledge, process, workflow, etc.
- Ability to work independently
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analysis skill and strong troubleshooting skill and experience
- Strong ability with open mind to be able to evaluate, adopt and implement new technologies
Note: Quotient is unable to sponsor and/or transfer Visa’s at this time. Additionally, no 3rd parties, please.
We are seeking an energetic , organized, detail-oriented individual to join its team as a Customer Support Representative. The successful candidate is a customer service ace and loves working with customers and helping them solve problems.
In order to be considered, you need to be:
- Detail oriented
- Great on the phone
- A good listener
- A team player
This job requires:
- At least 3 years of experience with heavy, direct interfacing with external customers
- A passion for helping customers
- Excellent and professional communications skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Superior follow-up
- Meeting deadlines and customer expectations
- Multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Knowing how to prioritize tasks
You will have a HUGE advantage if you:
- Have worked with Email Service Providers in the past
- Take initiative and go the extra mile
- Understand social media
- Know Marketing Automation
- Have a college degree
Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
MSC is currently searching for a Bioinformatics Project Manager to support the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is permanent, full-time, and it is on site in Bethesda/Rockville, MD.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate complex technical projects dealing with biological data and scientific literature on a daily basis
- Communicate project requirements and progress with stakeholders in a cross-functional team, and with senior management
- Optimize Jira workflows, advise teams on Jira’s capabilities
- Increase project transparency by using Kanban boards
- Assist project leads in planning Scrum Sprints and task estimations
- Identify risks to help management set priorities, plan schedules and allocate resources
- Clarify technical specifications for internally developed or purchased software, for system implementation, system integration and testing
- Interact with multiple software development teams to produce integrated products for the medical genetics community
- Proactively engage with team members across the organizational hierarchy
- Effectively manage meetings and insure action items are completed
- Ably handle multiple projects, work independently and multi-task
- Formal education (minimum: MS) in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Molecular Genetics or related fields
- Certification in project management such as Project Management Professional (PMP) from Project Management Institute
- Experience in managing software development in an agile environment (Kanban/Scrum)
- Expert user of JIRA and Confluence
- Experience in research and development (R&D) environment with demonstrated ability to analyze problems and propose multiple solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
One or More of the Following Skills are Required:
- Certified Scrum Master or Product Owner by Scrum Alliance
- Experience with XML or HTML
- Familiarity with one or more software development technologies such as C, C++, Java, Macromedia ColdFusion, Perl, or Python
Other Desired Skills:
- PhD and/or MD degree
- Experience with mind-mapping, brainstorming, and 6 thinking hats techniques for project management activities
- Postdoctoral or equivalent experience
- Experience with relational databases – Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL, Sybase or PostgreSQL, as an administrator or developer
- Experience working with large databases, statistical analysis, and clinical data
- Familiarity with molecular genetics concepts, genetic variation and/or biological databases e.g. dbSNP, Ensembl, OMIM
- Experience in representing biological information in structured formats
- Familiarity with Quality Assurance workflows
Our client is a dynamic early childhood education company that provides the most innovative and effective curriculum, assessment, professional development, and family connection resources to programs serving children from birth through kindergarten.
With ground-breaking solutions and a strong belief that the most powerful way to impact child outcomes is to improve teacher effectiveness, our client has been supporting the critical work of early childhood educators for over 25 years.
- If you are a talented Web Developer who can thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, project-driven environment then you have the opportunity to join the technology group in Bethesda, MD.
- Working with a team of internal and external software developers you will help design, develop, and implement our industry leading Web-based assessment system and other new products used by early childhood educators.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic experienced Web Developer who is excited about developing web applications and is also willing to learn and apply new technologies.
- The candidate must be proficient in Object-Oriented Programming methodologies and techniques, understanding of complex data structures, and demonstrate a working knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
- Design, develop and implement Web-based and mobile products used by early childhood educators
- Support and maintain existing applications
- Document program code and provide user documentation
- Participate in code reviews
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Write unit tests to exercise new code
- Work with QA to review test cases and ensure proper test case coverage
- Contribute to the continued optimization of team work processes and practices by actively participating in the Agile process
- 2-5 years of software development experience working on complex Web-based applications required
- B.S. in computer science or related discipline preferred
- Knowledge of the ColdFusion programming language or ability and desire to learn new programming languages
- ColdFusion certification a plus
- Practical experience building applications with one or more of the following:
- Ability to write and optimize SQL queries and stored procedures (T-SQL and MySQL)
- Ability to analyze complex and large amounts of data
- Experience with Subversion or other version control system
- Experience with Jira or other ticket tracking software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and deliver quality consistent results in a timely manner
- Ability to travel as needed up to 10%
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products required
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, creative, and challenging environment
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to frequently answer the telephone and communicate verbally
- Ability to frequently read and understand text via computer and mobile device
- Ability to frequently stand and/or sit for extended periods of time based on the task
- Ability to frequently manipulate computer keyboard, mouse, and mobile device
- Ability to travel via car, bus, train and/or airplane
Our client, a federal agency in the Rockville/North Bethesda area, has an opening for an experienced ColdFusion Developer. Due to the client requirement, only US citizens can be considered.
Standard Job Description:
Analyzes, evaluates, modifies, configure, tests and implements enterprise-wide applications. Prepares application system specifications, plans, implements and coordinates system upgrades, enhancements or maintenance. Experience with ColdFusion Administration and Object orientated development required. Security background a plus.
- Rational Enterprise Suite
- Drupal 7 or later
- Crystal Reports, 508 Compliance
- MicroSoft SQL Server Reporting Systems (SSRS)
- MicroSoft SQL Server 2008 or later
- Oracle 10g/11g Database
Specific Job Description:
- Cold Fusion 8 or later
- Flex and/or Flash development
- FuseBox Development Expertise
- Web Appl security Expertise
- GUI Development Expertise
- Microsoft SQL server
Location: Bethesda, MD
High level summary:
- Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) support
- Integration / interoperability support among associated NLM and other programs,
- Application Development support
- Documentation support – Technical and user
- Project coordination support and
- Program compliance support.
- Perform Quality Assurance and / Quality Control,
- Requirements Gathering / Documentation, Define / Verify Scope,
- Customer support and manage stakeholder expectations
- Help and guide other developers
- Analysis, Design, Development, testing and deployment of Multi-tiered Applications using Java, Oracle, ColdFusion, AJAX, JQuery
and various other Technologies.
- Consult and provide support in the resolution of technical problems with the production M2000 and MeSH related applications.
- Implement and maintain the business rules and the relationship of M2000’s hierarchy in Descriptors, Supplemental and Qualifiers.
- Participate in yearly activities like Cutover, Year End Processing for M2000, MeSH Browser update and MTMS data.
- Work with business users to determine the specific of the detailed requirements and implement in MeSH’s complex data structure.
- Perform the ongoing quality control procedures for the MeSH Translation in different languages.
- Provide M2000 related production support that include application enhancements, monitoring, improve quality, and make changes for new user requests.
- Troubleshoot and resolve the issues that arise in M2000 related other applications.
- Conduct and participate user demo, training, review and documentation preparation.
- Create and distribute the install file and deploy the web-based application in various stages including production
- Meet with stack holders to determine the new requirement, enhancing the existing application, development of new application and
- Serve as a lead developer to implement the next generation of the M2000 system as a Web-based tool.
- Generate the reports and statistic based on supervisor and users need.
- Participate in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including the practice of Agile and Scrum.
- Implement applicable security and Section 508 requirements for the application.