We are seeking an experienced, energetic and talented ColdFusion Software Engineer to add to our fun and engaging engineering team that delivers valuable, high quality software to our customers. The Software Engineer will work closely with other engineers, QA team, support and product to ensure that quality product features are developed and carried out through the Agile/Scrum/Kanban-based software development lifecycle.
Additional Selling Points:
Opportunity to Build: Due to our rapid growth and expansion, you will have the unique opportunity to develop processes, build structure, and more, as we continue to expand our organization.
Innovative Culture: You will be working with a team that promotes innovation and seeks efficient, creative and quality ways to overcome the tasks at hand.
Growth Market: We provide a fast-growing software solutions to the hottest industry vertical – Healthcare – with very little direct competition.
Work/Life: The Addison office offers a team of engineers that are friendly and inviting. They are often going to lunch together, organizing happy hours, having fun in the office and often socializing outside the office.
This position will be located in our Addison, TX office and will report to our Software Engineering Manager. Our Addison office is located just minutes from major highway intersections and many places to eat and shop!
As a Software Engineer , you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Create, modify, develop, author, and implement software functionality, applications and services based upon requirements and architectural design.
- Work with a small and engaging development team in an Agile/Scrum/Kanban manner.
- Collaborate with the product team to develop valuable, quality software to deliver to our clients and the market.
- Develop high quality complex software through object-orientated software development.
- Maintain legacy code and functionality.
- Participate in the quality process though unit test design, authoring, and review.
- Work closely with quality engineers to develop test plans.
- Follow establish engineering guidance and governance procedures as defined in the team’s Definition of Done and Working Agreement.
- Address questions and/or problems through troubleshooting and provides proper direction to support, product and others.
- Identify changing needs and priorities, crafts recommendations and communicates appropriately.
- Assist the team with miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
- Provide status updates to leadership on projects and performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience with ColdFusion
- Experience working in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience with a modern IDE (Sublime, Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc.)
- Experience with a version control system (SVN, Git, etc.)
- Experience with a relational database system (i.e., SQL Server, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience with an MVC framework, such as FW/1
- Experience with troubleshooting, critical thinking and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies with minimal supervision
- A desire to work with, and quickly learn a modern development stack that includes jQuery, Bootstrap and Handlebars
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Experience with .Net and OneClick apps
- Experience with SQL tuning and performance improvements
- Experience with Tomcat or a J2EE platform
Title : Cold Fusion Developer
Duration : 6+ months
Location : Addison,TX
- Cold Fusion ver. 8 or 9
- SQL server 2008
- Angular JS is a plus
The Software Engineer will be asked to adjust certain function calls throughout the lifecycle of the product. There are currently 200 specific function calls that will be modified and adjusted. You will be working with other Software Engineers ensuring that best practices are followed. Additionally you will be making some modifications to existing frameworks.
- Will assist in the support of existing applications.
- The Developer will interface with clients, account management, QA and IM teams so strong, clear written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- ColdFusion MX with extensive use of CFCs
- MS SQL 2000
- Strong, clear written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to excellence and ability to work with other team members
- Capacity to thrive within a high-energy fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Flash and ActionScript a plus
- Knowledge of .NET a plus
- Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent a plus
Direct Hire Position
Unable to sponsor H1b visas
No third party firms
Local Dallas/Ft Worth candidates only please
About the Job
The client is the leader in hazard insurance claims services. Servicing claims since 1996, they manage claims for many of the top-ten servicers, as well as GSEs. They offer a fully licensed, functionally compliant service. Our focus is to recover the highest dollar amount on hazard insurance claims as quickly as possible, mitigating risk to our clients. The client is an award-winning, diversified mortgage services companies, partnering with lenders, servicers, investors, mortgage insurers, attorneys and real estate agents throughout the U.S. with multiple offices in Texas, California, Colorado and Florida.
- Company pays 80% of medical and dental and vision for employee
- Life Insurance ($20k)
- Opportunity for discretionary bonuses based on company and individual performance
- 6 sick days
- 10 PTO days (can roll over days to the next year)
- 9 paid vacation days
- 6% 401k match (50% match)
- Design, develop and implement system enhancements.
- Monitor actual deliverable against scheduled completion dates.
- Participate in all phase of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Support departmental programming standards.
- Perform unit testing of all applications developed and/or enhancements to the system.
- Debug existing system when errors are identified.
- Take ownership of assigned development projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 5+ years of relevant experience
- 3 – 5 years current Cold Fusion experience
- 3 – 5 years current SQL Server experience
- Working knowledge of source code management tool and job scheduler
- Excellent communication skills, both oral as well as written
- Ability to be self-directed, able to focus on personal assignments while remaining part of a larger team with proven ability to multi-task.
- Comfortable with maintenance of existing code base as well as new development.
- Well organized with proven success in managing assignments (supporting end users) to timely completion.
The hours are typically Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm. However overtime may be needed depending on project work. Because our company is doing so well and growing there is always the potential for advancement in the future. Yes this position is bonus eligible and its based on company and individual performance.