The Senior Developer’s role is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle.
The Senior Developer will be an integral member of our small and focused team working on everything from slick UIs to scalable infrastructures. This is an opportunity to get on the ground floor of new product development.
- Strong experience with Linux
- Strong Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Extensive experiences with event driven development
- Publish / Subscribe frameworks (ActiveMQ, PubNub)
- Web Services (REST, JSON)
- Git, SVN
- MVC framework (Yii, CodeIgnitor, CakePHP, Express)
- Strong design skills (both UX and backend)
- Strong Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) / integration skills
- CSS3 / SASS
- LAMP Stack – (Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis)
- Good knowledge of Regular Expressions
- Scripting (i.e. command-line scripting for automating repetitive tasks)
- Experience with unit testing, test driven development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Experience with building and consuming APIs / Web Services
- Twitter Bootstrap
- AngularJS, Backbone.js
- Previous startup experience is a plus
Candidate needs a minimum of 8 years’ experience as developer exclusively working with Open Source technologies. Railo (ColdFusion) is a plus.
You are a good candidate if:
- You like command-line development (VIM) over IDEs
- If your peers seek you out for assistances
- Your after work hobby is reading up on and experimenting with new technologies because you love technology, not because it’s a job requirement.
- You have strong Software-As-A-Service experience (strive for loosely coupled design approach)
- You are active in development communities (participate on forums, attended technology gatherings, contribute to Open Source projects)
Manager of Client Services
Vaco Technology Orlando
(321) 445-2119 office
(386) 631-5512 mobile
(407) 712-7868 fax