The Programmer Analyst will have an immediate and visible impact complementing the Software Development team in Montgomery, Alabama, within the online government surplus marketplace (GovDeals.com). In addition to analyzing software requests and gathering technical requirements related to GovDeals’ proprietary software, the successful candidate will actively participate in long term technical projects essential to the growth of the business. The candidate must project a professional company image, have excellent organizational skills, and must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Analyze in-house software enhancements and extract requirements from external and internal users
- Support special business infrastructure projects and assist in the development of cross-functional projects related to the company’s IT and business infrastructure
- Utilize tools to code, document, track and support software enhancements
- Participate in additional technical projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related discipline
- Proven success as an individual contributor and team member.
- Excellent organizational, project tracking, oral/written communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills. Must possess diplomacy and tact