The Information Security Technologist – Development Operations is involved with the planning, analysis, detailed design, configuration, integration, testing, implementation and support of security technologies. This role executes the life cycle methodology, support standards, and practices, in accordance to project plans while carrying out responsibilities that may include maintaining program libraries and technical documentation of the individual components within an application.
You will design software deployment methodologies and develop code to ensure transition of software between environments in response to business problems, and may participate as part of a team on development and support related work. Software may be internal or external, client-focused, working in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions, which may include company-wide, web-enabled solutions; and you will frequently work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. It is imperative that you will exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and to be successful you will need to work with key contacts outside of your own area of expertise.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Completing documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Analyzing existing programs or formulating logic for new systems, devising logic procedures, preparing flowcharting, performing coding and testing/debugging programs.
- Developing system implementation plans.
- Recommending changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
- Training users in conversion and implementation of systems.
- Working with Risk, Audit and Assurance testing teams collectively to reach common goals.
Experience and Skills:
- 2 or more years of experience in a software development or technical operations related role
- Experience developing and/or supporting applications with at least one of the following: SQL, PERL, Python, .NET, HTML, VB, IIS, Batch Job Scheduling, ETL, ColdFusion, IIS
- Experience working on the following platforms: Windows, UNIX
- Monitor, troubleshoot and repair application software issues
- Understanding of RDBMS and SQL fundamentals, able to run MS SQL Server and Oracle queries, reports
- Experience in a Financial Services IT setting
Education and Certifications:
- BA/BS in information security, business administration/management, or related field preferred
- IT Security certifications (CISSP, CISM, SANS, ITIL, etc.) desired
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday; 8:30am – 5:00pm with occasional evenings or weekends for maintenance and support