We are currently looking for a Java Developer to join our Team in our Crystal City, VA Office.
Job Summary :
- Analyze and gather requirements and convert project specifications, problems and procedures to create detailed design flowchart for coding.
- Research, develop and write complex high end, mission critical, role based enterprise level computer programs requiring high degree of security and computational ability.
- Review and analyze complex programming specifications to resolve issues. Prepare technical standards, provide technical advice and guidance, and collaborate with other programmers to conceptualize and develop design.
- Conduct thorough problem analysis, document findings, and propose creative solutions.
- Prepare test strategies and test plan documents.
- Perform various forms of testing including unit, functional and quality assurance.
- Coordinate end to end runs and provide production support and suggest enhancements to existing business applications.
- Use technical judgment and make appropriate system decisions.
- Analyze and debug Application/Client Server connectivity problems.
- Perform SDLC process including designing and developing applications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Experience working as a JAVA/J2EE developer and with Java to J2EE standards and technologies including but not limited to: o JSP o Struts 2 o iBATIS o Spring o Servlets o Beans o Servlets
- Experience in o SQL and PLSQL coding , Stored procedures and packages , SQL performance tuning o SQL troubleshooting
- Strong experience in Weblogic Application Server, Sun Solaris, client/server development and web development. Knowledge of UNIX and Linux.
- 2+ years of development experience with Java Swing/Derby is a must
- Strong experience in software architecture
- Very good understanding of Mobile Computing technologies and experience in development of applications for handheld devices.
- Prior experience in capture and storage of photographic images in strongly required Strong debugging skills of the application.
- Experience in programming in ColdFusion Excellent working knowledge of internet/intranet technologies.
- Sun Certified developer is a plus.
- Prior experience in managing teams and mentoring junior team members
- Excellent communication skills Ability to dedicate work to team members and validate results
Required Education: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
Required Experience: ***Prior experience in the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC) highly desired***
This job requires Active Public Trust. HUD PIV card preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Crystal City, VA
Required license or certification:
- HUD PIV CARD