EvoGov is currently looking for an experienced Python developer with considerable experience programming with the Django framework. Your work experience must include building meaningful production-ready web applications. Production experience with Amazon AWS is strongly preferred.
Our ideal candidate is a hard working, passionate Python/Django Developer that has at least 2 years experience in developing and deploying meaningful Django applications. A Computer Science degree is preferred, but not required. Excellent english language communication and writing skills are a requirement. You must be passionate about building secure, high-performance applications and open-source. Our ideal candidate is not afraid to take a central role in the development of our platform.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Worked as a lead, sole or senior developer on a significant web development project.
- Expert level Python / Django. Experience creating local development environments (pip, vagrant, virtualenv, virtualbox, etc.)
- Training and foundational experience with Object Oriented Programming and a solid grasp of coding best practices.
- Solid understanding of HTTP, REST.
- Nginx and Apache experience.
- PostreSQL experience is a must.
- TSQL – the ability to write SQL statements and complex joins.
- Foundational experience with CSS, HTML and corresponding best practices. Designer-level experience not required.
- SQL Database experience. We use PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server
- Strong Linux/Unix or OS X experience and proficiency with terminal (e.g. BASH) commands and scripts.
- Enthusiasm with favorite text editor or IDE.
- Use version control regularly – We use Git / GitHub
- Debugging expertise.
Great Skills to Have
- ColdFusion (our legacy platform’s application server, using the Fusebox framework)
- MS SQL Server – database of our legacy platform
- Amazon AWS (EC2, S3, Route 53, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk)
- Perform debug work on our current application and hosting stack to keep it running smoothly as we upgrade to the new platform. Training will be provided.
- Your main focus will be our new Django project and stack.
- Maintain code versioning on GitHub. We have an 99% complete Django project running on GitHub and AWS already, so you won’t be starting from scratch.
- The platform you will be working on is described at a high level in this site: www.typesight.com. We can discuss the details in an interview.
- You will play a critical role in planning with management to design/build/test/deploy new Django apps that will work in this new Django project.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary range for this position is quite wide, from $70,000 to $100,000.
- Salary and benefits are negotiable, depending on experience and qualifications.
- Full-time opportunity.
- Equity opportunity (stock options) for the right candidate and commitment.
- Equal opportunity employer.