NETE is looking for highly motivated, energetic, flexible, organized, and detail oriented Senior ColdFusion Developers with Oracle Data Architecture experience. The ColdFusion application is a Federal Agency-level SQL/data intensive reporting system.
Full time salaried employees only.
- Designs and develops new features and/or maintains existing applications developed on primarily ColdFusion working closely with business users.
- Develops code and supporting documentation
- Works in a team environment to develop, test and deploy software changes
- Works with clients to understand and implement new requirements
- Provides operational support when necessary. Ensure web application is highly available through technology stack configuration and tuning, load testing, and real-time monitoring. Monitor, evaluate and resolve security issues including vulnerabilities discovered via external scans and third party ethical hacking
- Works the product backlog of features and bugs
- Provides input on new designs and architecture as needed
- Develops – as a part of a team comprised of senior developers and information architects – a well-tested, high performance, scalable Federal agency Enterprise level web application
- Stays current on new technologies and best practices, latest trends, contribute to technical communities online, and bring new ideas to team.
- Professional experience with ASP.NET
- Minimum 5+ years of experience designing, developing and deploying web based applications with ColdFusion; 10+ years highly preferred.
- Must have strong database skills particularly with Oracle
- Advanced database development skills (SQL, Oracle, etc.).
- Understanding of software testing and the need to produce first-class software
- Must be flexible to change and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extreme customer focus and experience interfacing with variety of Federal clients and end-users and experience understanding user’s business needs and translating into code.
- Independent self-starter – everyone on the team is expected to contribute whatever talents they have when there is a need
- Creative problem solver – our goal is to deliver tools quickly for the users that perform mission-critical work using the application on a daily basis
- Quality – in spite of our agile development approach we take software quality very seriously – not that we don’t make mistakes, just that we find them and fix them and let the user know as quickly as possible.
- Quick and flexible – what you are working on can be completely unpredictable. We need to respond quickly to policies that effect the agency and translate into code/queries. Often these are interim solutions to get Agency through until Enterprise Systems can build a more robust solution.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently and on teams
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Object Oriented analysis and design is preferred
- Experience with MVC frameworks like Framework One, ColdBox, Fusebox, CFWheels, etc. preferred
- Experience with HTML 5 and Mobile/Responsive Web Applications design preferred
- Knowledge of ASP.NET and third party data visualization software components/tools integration preferred
- Knowledge of Section 508 compliance and Federal systems security guidelines preferred
- Advanced level understanding of ColdFusion Administrator
- Knowledge of Subversion or similar tools
- Solid understanding of front end frameworks like Bootstrap etc.
- Familiarity with common developer tools – ColdFusion Builder, Sublime, Perforce, Eclipse etc.
- Ability to manage web servers and system administration/Oracle DBA experience is a plus
- Experience in creating Pivot Tables programmatically and maintain them
- Related certifications a plus
Location: McLean, VA or occasional/regular meetings at Bethesda, MD. DC Metro Area
Clearance: Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust Background Security Investigation and many need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information. United States Citizens only. Local DC metro area candidates only