Systems Analyst/Web Application Developer support in order to develop/modify/modernize/enhance existing data collection software to facilitate aeromedical education, research, and consultation mission objectives as defined by the customer. The organization currently provides operational support for 54 web applications and 42 databases. The Web applications alone served over 2 million page views (and growing) over the past year (2015-2016), and were accessed by over 620 DoD installations worldwide.
- Customer service and support for applications, data, and reporting shall be accomplished as a recurring need.
- Develop and maintain 711 HPW sponsored web applications.
- Develop input and output capabilities (e.g. reports and web screens) that comply with AF and customer requirements.
- Protect and manage data that may be categorized as Controlled Unclassified Information, sensitive, Personally Identifiable Information and/or Health Insurance Portability, and Accountability Act related.
- Ensure all projects comply with AF and organizational software design and coding standards.
- Use and modify existing data collection software to develop appropriate searchable fields in order to simplify data analysis.
- Build report capabilities from data sets to answer research questions.
- Identify data external “off the shelf” technologies as required.
- Perform assigned portions of system analysis, design, programming, and documentation for windows or web-based applications, using Air Force Network Integration Center (AFNIC) approved software and design tools.
- Implement data acquisition protocols; capture, update, enhance, modify, and add report generators; develop user interfaces; and develop documentation.
- Perform research, analysis, reporting, and updating of files or systems as required. Projects may include special inventories, equipment management, and other resource management.
- Document, design, develop, test, implement, and support web applications based on user requirements.
- Create, modify, troubleshoot, and update input and output capabilities including reports and web pages. Reports may vary in complexity based on audience and identified requirements.
- Conduct analyses for new reports and capabilities; provide technical consultation to users and customers.
- Interact with users and customers to obtain requirements and verify developed solutions meet needs initially and over time.
- Establish and implement application-controlled chain-of-custody and associated management requirements for documents containing Controlled Unclassified Information and/or sensitive data.
- Develop and/or provide the ability to capture and report transaction and usage metrics.
- Develop and/or provide the ability to archive, search, and recover historical data.
- Provide discretionary access control for web pages, reports, and databases.
- Develop methods and capabilities to establish robust data transaction monitoring.
- Develop programmatic auditing to establish and protect non-repudiation of data.
- Given technical requirements and design specifications, be able to produce technical and user documentation and program in relational database query languages, modern programming languages, or web development environments.
- Maintain, modernize, and enhance existing Wing Web applications.
- Assist users and customers with the development, use, and modification of official records as defined by the user and applicable records management personnel.
- Develop capabilities to coordinate, distribute, and record user-specified data.
- Follow design and coding standards.
- Provide training and assistance with new and existing applications.
- Perform database backups, as well as general maintenance and upgrades.
- Monitor web server performance.
- Support RMF A&A process through all phases of the system’s life cycle.
- Provide prompt, professional, and customer-friendly support for the 711 HPW in person, via email, or on the phone.
- B.S. in Computer Science and 2 years relevant work experience
- Any Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years relevant work experience
- Any post-secondary education and 5 years relevant work experience
Experience is required with 711 HPW and/or Air Force Web applications.
- AF Analytical Service’s Laboratory Information System,
- AF Aeromedical Consultation Services Patient Status Worksheet, Examinee Management
System, and Ophthalmology Examination System.
- 711 HPW Travel Request System.
- Human Systems Integration’s Base Operational Medical Cell Quality Tool
- Human Effectiveness’ Bio-effects Database and Informational Atlas of Laser Lesions
- Experience reading, writing, and modifying complex SQL queries.
- Experience editing code with Air Force Network Integration Center (AFNIC) approved text editors and IDEs.
- Experience with Toad, SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio, and Microsoft Office programs.
- This position requires a DoD Secret clearance
- CompTIA Security+ Certification Required