Job DescriptionColdFusion Developer responsible for development/maintenance of both current and future web applications written using ColdFusion. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, creative, highly motivated and goal-oriented team player with at least 3 years of ColdFusion development experience, strong knowledge of MySQL and Oracle databases, and experience with JRun and Tomcat application servers running on a Unix (Linux) platform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Develop/maintain both current and future web applications written using ColdFusion.
- Work closely with the Client User Representatives to troubleshoot and design solutions that meet requirements.
- Accurately and effectively communicate with the Project Manager and/or Team Lead the level of effort to implement proposed solutions, the current status of on-going work, and any potential issues.
- Work well in both a team environment as well as a sole contributor with little or no supervision.
- Possess excellent time management skills in handling multiple priorities with individual deadlines.
- Adapt to a rapidly changing environment and work creatively with minimal supervision.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related scientific or technical degree; or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in design, development and support of ColdFusion applications running in JRun and Tomcat application servers.
- 2-3 years experience in complete life-cycle of design, development, deployment and support of a web application.
- Strong knowledge of MySQL and Oracle databases
- Familiarity with Unix (Linux)
- Experience writing and deciphering complex SQL queries
- Knowledge of Relational Database Concepts
- Understanding of XML, XSLT
Additional Desired Skills/Requirements:
- .NET Development Experience a plus
- Knowledge of Java and/or J2EE is desirable
- The successful candidate will also be able to pass background screening prior to employment.
- US Citizenship or work-authorization with alien registration number required.