Summary: Develop, implement and maintain software in accordance with the company’s strategic plans and objectives. Salary DOE.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create dynamic internet and intranet applications using ColdFusion and SQL Server.
- Assist programming team in the applications development process to include analysis, design, programming and modification of end user applications.
- Learn company business rules and apply them to new applications.
- Write quality applications, adhering to documentation and coding standards.
- Thoroughly test and debug code and ensure code is released error free.
- Translate all code for fellow team members and consultants.
- Work with Order Fulfillment and Membership Management System programmers to learn Legacy System and add modules and applications as needed for company growth.
- Assume responsibility for and accurate function of ColdFusion-based fulfillment systems and integration with warehouse management software systems.
- Create stored procedures, tables, functions, triggers, DTS/SSIS packages and scheduled jobs in SQL server.
- Deliver applications under strict deadlines.
- Ensure corruption to data caused during programming is repaired immediately.
- Maintain written documentation of all projects from design to completion.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Automate business processes when requested.
- Identity and evaluate third party products, technology or processes for integration with company products.
- Provide information in written and verbal form to all levels of management.
- Establish a positive working relationship with company management and staff.
- Work is usually performed in an office environment.
- May require sitting for long periods of time.
- May require extensive computer and telephone usage.
- Requires continuous reading and updating of reports, charts and statistical data.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Computer Science or related field or equivalent education and experience.
- Advanced ColdFusion programming skills.
- Advanced MS SQL Server programming skills.
- 5+ years experience in ColdFusion and MS SQL Server web application development.
- Experience developing ecommerce applications preferred.
- Experience with automated shipping systems a plus.
- Experience with membership or subscription systems beneficial.
- JAVA / .NET programming skills beneficial.
- Excellent human relations skills.
- Broad understanding of general business and management practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Information Services industry.
- Requires excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- ColdFusion and MS SQL Server web application development: 5 years