Web Programmer – Full-time
Shoes For Crews, LLC (SFC) is a dynamic designer, manufacturer, and business to business marketer of the top-rated and most technologically advanced slip-resistant footwear for the foodservice, hospitality, industrial, and healthcare workplaces. SFC protects over 3.5 million workers per year in over 120,000 workplaces from slip and fall accidents. For over 30 years, the Company has built its reputation through innovative product development technologies, proprietary manufacturing, and distinct niche marketing.
Position Summary: Support the Mission, Vision, and Culture of Shoes For Crews by serving as a Mid-Level ColdFusion Developer within our web programming team. Responsibilities include maintenance and improvements of our e-commerce web platform and support of day to day e-commerce marketing operations. This position reports directly to the web programming manager.
- Create new web applications, enhance and maintain existing ones for our proprietary e-commerce platform, website and integrated internal business processes using ColdFusion as the primary server-side scripting language and MS SQL Server.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the full Software Development Life Cycle, including meeting with users, obtaining requirements, designing systems, coding, source control, creating and executing test plans, deployment and quality assurance.
- 5+ years as a ColdFusion Developer; coding, designing and optimizing high-traffic, mission-critical applications
- 5+ years creating Object-Oriented ColdFusion applications
- 5+ years working with Microsoft SQL Server 2005-2014 as a developer
- Development of ColdFusion applications using CF9 and above, using ColdFusion Components, Object Oriented Designs and Concepts
- Solid knowledge in relational database design and development (T-SQL), SQL Server Business Intelligence
- Experience with ColdFusion frameworks
- Excellent PC skills; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Development of ColdFusion applications in a code-managed environment with process-release management in place is a plus
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be extremely detailed and organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong experience working both independently and in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work on effectively on multiple projects
- Strong documentation and debugging/QA skills
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc ..) is needed to be successful in this position.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
- Experience with Source Control tools (e.g. GIT) is a plus
- Graphic design and an eye for aesthetically pleasing user experiences are a plus
- Experience developing customer-focused applications serving international markets in varying languages is a plus
- Experience with mobile site optimization and development is a major plus
- Experience with native apps on various devices (iOS, Android) is a major plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field