Position Summary: Support the Mission, Vision, and Culture of Shoes For Crews by serving as a Mid-Level ColdFusion Developer within our web programming team. Responsibilities include maintenance and improvements of our e-commerce web platform and support of day to day e-commerce marketing operations. This position reports directly to the web programming manager.
- Create new web applications, enhance and maintain existing ones for our proprietary e-commerce platform, website and integrated internal business processes using ColdFusion as the primary server-side scripting language and MS SQL Server.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the full Software Development Life Cycle, including meeting with users, obtaining requirements, designing systems, coding, source control, creating and executing test plans, deployment and quality assurance.
- 5+ years as a ColdFusion Developer; coding, designing and optimizing high-traffic, mission-critical applications
- 5+ years creating Object-Oriented ColdFusion applications
- 5+ years working with Microsoft SQL Server 2005-2014 as a developer
- Development of ColdFusion applications using CF9 and above, using ColdFusion Components, Object Oriented Designs and Concepts
- Solid knowledge in relational database design and development (T-SQL), SQL Server Business Intelligence
- Experience with ColdFusion frameworks
- Excellent PC skills; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Development of ColdFusion applications in a code-managed environment with process-release management in place is a plus
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be extremely detailed and organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong experience working both independently and in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work on effectively on multiple projects
- Strong documentation and debugging/QA skills
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc ..) is needed to be successful in this position.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
- Experience with Source Control tools (e.g. GIT) is a plus
- Graphic design and an eye for aesthetically pleasing user experiences are a plus
- Experience developing customer-focused applications serving international markets in varying languages is a plus
- Experience with mobile site optimization and development is a major plus
- Experience with native apps on various devices (iOS, Android) is a major plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field