Position: ColdFusion/Flex Software Developer
Software Developer position to develop and maintain a ColdFusion/Flex software application for the U.S. Department of State in Northwest Washington, D.C.
U.S. Department of State – State Annex 5 (SA-5)
American Pharmacists Association Building
2200 C Street, NW
This location is approximately a five block walk from the Foggy Bottom – GWU Metro station. This project requires the developer to be onsite at the client location. Work is in a secure environment.
U.S. Citizenship is required; Secret clearance preferred. Can sponsor for clearance
- 5-7 years’ experience as a ColdFusion Developer coding, designing and optimizing high-profile web applications that have a world-wide customer base.
- 1+ years’ experience with Flex and ActionScript and associated frameworks such as Cairngorm, Mate, PureMVC, Swiz, Hibernate.
- Experience with technologies and protocols such as SOAP, REST, JSON, AMF, HTML, CSS, etc.
- Experience developing applications that mitigate or avoid security risks such as those described in the OWASP Top 10.
- Knowledge of 508 Compliance regulations and the ability to develop 508 compliant applications.
- Knowledge of web design and usability principles and standards.
- Ability to extend existing code base or develop new code using proven best practice patterns and coding standards.
- Proven ability to design and implement efficient solutions that meet functional requirements, are extensible and can be easily maintained.
- Knowledge and use of Configuration Management Tools such as Source Safe or StarTeam and Microsoft SharePoint (code and document check-in/out)
- Solid understanding of OOP
- Oracle database experience
- Strong PL/SQL skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in computer science or information technology or equivalent work experience
- Ability to accurately estimate LOE for development work and meet deliverable dates is a must.
- Strong communication, organization, and coordination skills – the developer will have interaction with clients and key stakeholders
- Excellent customer management/internal consulting skills a must.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Self motivated and team player
- Solutions oriented with strong follow-up ability
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to define system requirements.
- A minimum of 2 years experience working with federal government clients desired
- Experience working in CMMI Level 2 and above environments desirable
- Secret Clearance desirable