Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- Hands-on development in .Net technologies.
- Actively participate in design, integration, and enhancement effort of standalone and enterprise systems with workflows and business intelligence reporting.
- Development of application databases, ASP.Net Web Forms, 508 compliance, SSRS, Role Based Security and Windows Authentication using Active Directory.
- Conversion of applications from Visual Basic and ColdFusion languages to .Net.
- Assessing levels of efforts for assigned tasks and associated time frames.
- Using development and coding best practices for ensuring quality software engineering.
- Conducting and participating in peer reviews of plans, documentation, and coding.
- Develop and peer review Operations and Maintenance Support Plans, User Manuals, Training Plans, and other technical documents.
- Normalize and cleanup of existing databases.
- Unit testing of code with test results, and preparation of environment and testing scenarios for user acceptance testing
- Code control and migration into test, user acceptance, and disaster recovery environments with assistance, deployment plans, and validation of migration into production
- Development with attention to security, performance, and accessibility.
- Participate in internal and external stakeholder meetings to elicit requirements, test application changes, and resolve incidents and problems.
- Database monitoring and tuning, including assistance with SQL server maintenance, backup and restore functions, and disaster recovery exercises.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field with strong, full life-cycle development background.
- 5+ years of experience with SDLC.
- 5+ years of experience with .NET.
- 3+ years of experience with Visual Studio and TFS.
- 2+ years of experience with database administration and tuning.
- SQL Server 2005/2008/2012.
- Strong verbal and writing skills (communications).
- Initiative and ability to work in a lean, fast-paced environment.
- Strong team work skills.
- US Citizen.
- Able to successfully complete a background investigation.
- Nice to Have:
Experience in ColdFusion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word.
- Experience converting whole applications into .Net.
This is a full time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance. To be considered for this position, please apply online with a cover letter and MS Word resume.