Senior Web Developer (Washington DC)
Not a playground nor a sweat shop. Not a startup or a dinosaur.Consumers’ CHECKBOOK/ Center for the Study of Services (CHECKBOOK/CSS) is a nonprofit consumer information innovator who keeps growing in size and stature.
We’re seeking an experienced, creative, cutting edge web developer to work full-time with our web-development team on implementation of local and national projects. Find a home for your creativity and technological acumen. Enjoy an environment that values both you and your contributions in a mature, relaxed, but high-performing work space. Enjoy the pace and personality of downtown D.C. Feel good about doing work that makes a difference.
Our requirements are:
- 3-5 years of advanced experience in web technologies.
- Solid work designing and coding user-friendly and responsive client-side web pages using jQuery, jQuery Mobile, Bootstrap, and HTML5.
- Comfortable working knowledge of ColdFusion and CF application development.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Desire and ability to effectively learn and adapt to changing technologies, and apply them as needed.
Our position is full-time and we’re located just a block or two from Metro. Sane weekday hours. Competitive compensation.
Background checks are required for this position.