Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Octo Consulting for a ColdFusion Developer that will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining web based applications. The ideal candidate should be familiar with all phases of a software development project life-cycle with willingness to learn new technologies. The individual will be an integral part of a remote team that rewards creativity and emphasizes on delivering quality software products by applying strong quality control processes during the product delivery life-cycle. This is position is up to 100% teleworking.
- Provide support for the full life cycle of software product development
- Perform prototyping, system analysis, development, fielding, and maintenance of systems
- Develop, code, test, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software
- Evaluate new software products and technologies, and provide recommendations to enhance existing systems
- Conduct software testing to ensure satisfaction of application development requirements
- Support software quality assurance and configuration management activities
- Document software procedures and develop software reports, plans, and products, such as software development plans, software requirements specifications, software design documents, software development files, source code, version description documents, and test plans.
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years of experience in the development and maintenance of complex, web-based applications using ColdFusion
- Experience with developing and deploying to the ColdFusion 9 and 11 Application Server,
- Experience with configuration management and version control tools such as CVS/GIT
- Experience programming with a Database Server like SQL Compliant DB, OpenSource SQL DB, NoSQL DB
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in written.
- Good time management abilities – Prioritize tasks and work on a number of different projects at once.
- Flexibility/Adaptability – needs to embrace change and be open to new ideas.
- Working well under pressure – Can handle the stress that accompanies deadlines.
- Associates degree or higher
- DHS suitablity.
- 100% teleworking
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc.
- Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time
- Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area
- The noise level in this environment is low to moderate