Soft Tech Consulting is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual to fill the role of ColdFusion Developer, overseeing design and development activities for an existing government client. The place of performance for this contract is in Washington, DC. The designated candidate for this position will join a collaborative team environment, providing leadership necessary toward the successful delivery of the project deliverables and provide effective communication to all levels of staff for reporting design/development.
- Serves as the technical lead in the design and implementation of the ColdFusion infrastructure.
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and create proposals to meet business needs.
- Analyzes existing systems against IT and business strategies and make well-defined recommendations and execution plans for efficiency and architecture/design improvements within and outside the execution of current projects.
Proactively monitors application, system software and/or hardware operations and take corrective action to prevent outages or failures.
- Provides administration and maintenance of Windows servers.
- Adheres to configuration management methodology standards, procedures and policy.
- Devises applications infrastructure solutions based on business problems (design) in line with Enterprise-wide Technical Architecture.
- Exercises an in-depth understanding of specific tools or technologies applicable to business.
- Leads definition and management of technical web development standards. Research and evaluate alternative solutions and recommend the most efficient and cost effective solution for the systems design.
- Provides maintenance to the ColdFusion web infrastructure on a continuous basis.
- Upgrades and updates ColdFusion infrastructure to keep the system current.
- Designs, documents, implements and maintains the web front end systems in the virtual environment. Maintain, improve and update the secure log server infrastructure using SPLUNK. Review systems audit logs and report issues to management.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 7 years proven experience with ColdFusion.
- 7 years proven experience with load balancer technologies
- 3 years of experience maintaining and implementing SPLUNK.
- 2 years of experience in implementation of virtual systems using XenSource.
- A minimum 5 years experience in IT with at least 2 years leading technical projects.
- At least 2 years defining and managing Microsoft based web development standards.
- At least 2 years of proven experience with F5 Big IP networking devices.
- 2 years experience in supporting Apache or other UNIX based web services.
- Expertise in Web client side technologies and an understanding of appropriate use of public web sites.
- Familiarity with web methodologies and 3rd party software.
- Expertise with Oracle SQL, PL/SQL in a UNIX (Sun Solaris) environment.
- Demonstration of experience installing and maintaining ColdFusion architectures.
- Solid experience in Web services administration and management.
- Demonstrates experience in working with SPLUNK.
- Knowledge of load balancing technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.