Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulates and develops detailed specifications, code, documentation and related customer information required to complete program development maintenance activities; prepares program logic flow charts and processing diagrams.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives for assigned projects.
- Prepares detailed specifications for programs.
- Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation and for all phases of applications systems analysis and programming.
- As a team lead, instructs, directs and checks the work of other systems analysts and programming personnel.
- Analyzes, codes, tests and documents complex programs.
- Creates and/ or modifies complex programs to meet user requirements. This includes testing program and system changes.
- Analyzes and documents existing application systems to determine processing requirements.
- Identifies and designs applications system alternatives to achieve the needs of the customer’s environment.
- Designs and develops client applications for microcomputers; meets with clients to determine program requirements.
- Tests and corrects program errors by altering program steps and sequence.
- Analyzes, reviews, and rewrites programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Provides technical assistance to less experienced application system analyst and programmer staff and clients throughout systems development, modification and implementation.
- Recommends application system design approaches and revisions to streamline programming and operation of the system.
- Identifies problem areas and recommends solutions and standards.
- Provides tier 3 Help Desk Support for supported applications.
- Able to assist other technical teams to recognize, diagnose, and resolve complex problems or potential conflicts between technologies within the HR IT environment
- Has a good understanding of Accessibility (508 compliance) standards for Web Development.
- Has a thorough understanding of ColdFusion, Ajax, JQuery.
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2008 and Oracle 11g Databases is a plus.
- Experience with code version-ing tools such as MKS, Subversion, or Visual Source Safe.
- Typically requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.
- 5+ years developing in Cold Fusion
- Adobe ColdFusion Certification
- MCTS Microsoft .NET Framework Certification
- 2+ years with SQL Server 2008 Database
- 2+ years with Oracle 11g Database
- 2+ years developing in ASP.NET