AETEA Information Technology, Inc. is a nationwide company with over 300 consultants currently working for us. Over the past 33 years, AETEA has provided proven IT talent for our Fortune 500 clients in a variety of industries such as Financial Services, Healthcare/Pharmaceutical, Insurance, Education, Oil and Gas, Government, Software Development, Non-Profit, Security, Media and Communications.
We currently have an immediate need for a Mid-Level Cold Fusion Developer in Washington DC
We are seeking a Developer (ColdFusion) to join our team. The developer shall perform and/or support requirements definition, design and prototyping, implementation, unit testing, debugging, verification, deployment, and maintenance activities throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC) for current and future software modules of a comprehensive web portal environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define requirements, develop designs and prototypes, implement, unit test, debug, verify, deploy, and maintain application software
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for the developed/maintained functionality.
- Assist other developers, testers, and/or client stakeholders to understand relevant requirements.
- Perform configuration management tasks for in-scope projects.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2+ years’ experience with ColdFusion version 9 and 10 development and maintenance
- Knowledge of Adobe Flex development and maintenance preferred
- Experience converting ColdFusion applications into Java
- Superior software programming skills
Experience recommending changes for improvements in web server configurations
- Enthusiastic, proactive, positive attitude with good listening skills and high integrity
- Support Adobe Flex and ColdFusion application development.
- Ability to work under pressure (at times) and be extremely flexible under changing priorities
- Ability to identify innovative ways to solve problems
- ColdFusion versions 9 and 10 development experience
- Adobe Flex development experience preferred
- Content management system (CMS) experience such as DRUPAL, Joomla, or Word Press
- Configuration Management experience such as Serena CM
- Windows 2008 Active Directory/XP/Win7 experience
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
Certifications: (not required, but nice to have)
- Any programming certification
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are required.
- Willing to travel occasionally as needed (up to 10%).