Position Summary: Technatomy is currently seeking a qualified Java Software Engineer to support the USCIS Digital Innovations and Development (IT) environment. Within USCIS, DID(IT) works on developing and rolling out new applications. In a seven-month periods using an Agile SCRUM framework for new development and Kanban for O&M. The Sr. Application Developer will work within an Agile team on new development, testing and deployment as well as O&M.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in designing, coding, testing, debuging and documenting software in a Java/J2EE languages
- Experience with Ruby on Rails Chef
- Experience with ColdFusion
- Extensive experience in creating strategies for developing IT systems and applications.
- Experience in evaluating alternative approaches and selecting optimal approaches.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise application integration using J2EE tools
- Excellent writing/communications skills.
- Understanding of unit testing, and system level testing, requiring ability to work the big picture.
- Understanding of Agile development concepts including Scrum and Kanban
- 5+ years of experience with software source code management using Jira
- Experience with MQ and JMS Messaging
- 5+ years of experience with Rules engine preferably
- Design, Code and Test Development for Requirements based on CRs, WRs, Design Documents etc.
- Participate in Agile production support teams and perform Technical Investigation and Issue Resolution.
- Perform technical research and Support COTS upgrades
- Ability to operate as a key member of SCRUM teams in a heavy Agile DevOps environment
- Experience with Full Software Development Life Cycle and the CBP SELC
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of applicable experience
- DHS Suitability / CIS
- Washington, DC Metro