We have an immediate opening for a Mid-level to Senior Web Application Developer to support our DHS client in a rapid web application development project utilizing leading-edge technologies. The developer will primarily drive the direction of the client’s web technology solutions in this project, define and implement best practices and build powerful and extensible web application functionality. Qualifications
Roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyzes functional business applications and design specifications for functional activities.
- Provide consultation and support services for the full life cycle of software product development
- Perform prototyping, system analysis, development, fielding, and maintenance of systems.
- Develops codes, tests, and debugs new software or enhancements to existing software.
- Evaluate new software products and technologies, and provide recommendations to enhance existing systems or build new ones
- Provide software development support for the prototyping of analytical tools, data management and user interfaces to databases, and computational utilities
- Conduct software testing to ensure satisfaction of application development requirements.
- Support software quality assurance and configuration management activities, such as those conducted by the client’s applicable review authorities
- Document software procedures and develop software reports, plans, and products, such as software development plans, software requirements specifications, software design documents, software development files, source code, version description documents, and test plans
- Develops block diagrams and logic flow charts.
- Provides technical direction to programmers to ensure program deadlines are met in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Motivated team player and ability to lead independent self-managed projects in Agile/SCUM team structure
- 5+ years developing complex ColdFusion applications
- Advanced knowledge of Cold Box, Mach II, Model Glue or other OO Frameworks
- Understanding of Cold Fusion Best Practices and Design Patterns
- Demonstrated documentation and code-testing skills
- Strong understanding of complex SQL database-driven products
- Product Development Experience. Possibly multiple concurrent products at the same time
- Understands scaling and performance
- Experience in: PVCS, Adobe Creative Suite Web Premium, Internet Information Services, HP Quality
- Center, Serena Tracker, and AccVerify, JAWS
- Bachelors / Master Degree
- Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in ColdFusion 9 Certification desired
- Must be a US Citizen
- DHS Public Trust, Active Secret Clearance, or Active TS Clearance is a plus