UIC Technical Services (UICTS) is an Alaska Native holding company owned by Ukpeaġvik Iñupiat Corporation (UIC). UIC Technical Services is based in Alexandria, VA. UICTS and its Bowhead family of companies provide our government and private sector customers’ expertise in areas such as program management, systems engineering/integration, logistics/supply support, software management/development, IT services support, aviation logistics/performance based logistics (PBL), configuration management, risk management and training/simulation support.
Bowhead is looking for a Coldfusion Developer in Washington DC. The Application Developer works in accordance with our client’s software development lifecycle (SDLC) to design and develop both new and enhancements to software applications that meet business specification.
At a high-level, the position will be focused on providing:
- support and maintenance of applications built in ColdFusion (11 applications – from small to large)
- Assistance in supporting custom SQL-built applications (commissions, depreciation, etc.)
- support the migration of applications from ColdFusion to newer system solution ( JDE or .NET)
- assistance in delivering data requests, queries, and information to the business
- Design and implement cost effective, high quality web applications to meet customers’ needs.
- Interface with customers to obtain understanding of the project requirements.
- Participate in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Develop, maintain, enhance, and support fully functioning applications that comply with client and Bowhead standards.
- Perform unit testing of all applications developed and/or enhancements to systems.
- Take ownership of assigned development projects.
- Monitor application efficiencies to identify means of enhancing performance.
- Work in collaboration with clients to troubleshoot issues and provide professional support for enterprise systems.
- Work with Quality Assurance team to ensure quality of work produced.
- Proficient in Object Oriented ColdFusion development.
- Understanding of MVC or N-tier architecture.
- Certification in ColdFusion, SQL, Oracle.
- Solid understanding of Web infrastructure.
- Comfortable with maintenance of existing code base as well as new development.
- Well organized with proven success in managing assignments to timely completion
- Values-based personality with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to maintain positive and healthy relationships with all project team members and customers
- Very strong SQL development skills.
- Ability to write technical White Papers and systems design documents.
- Experience working with systems analyst to provide technical perspective on gathering requirements/business process information.
- Ability to follow existing configuration management and application development protocols.
- Experience working in government contracts.
- Understanding of integration concepts.
- ColdFusion administration experience.
- Familiarity with section 508 compliance.
- Experience writing complicated SQL statements involving more than three tables and stored procedures in Oracle PL/SQL.
- Experience Requirements management tool.
- Experience in Agile software development methodologies.
- Familiarity with Test-Driven Development (TDD) and the ability to write unit tests.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must be able to obtain a favorable Public Trust (NAC).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 5+ years of relevant experience.