Working in collaboration with senior technical staff, the Software Engineer will primarily utilize ColdFusion to maintain and enhance our existing suite of Web applications.
- Codes, tests and implements programs, as well as develop system documentation
- Provides operational support to existing applications
- Performs analysis, design, development and unit testing of software applications from user requirements and design documents
- Works with customers to assess business needs, document requirements, design solutions, and create prototypes for user acceptance.
- Works with quality assurance team to ensure that the code is well tested, and also resolves defects encountered during various testing cycles.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, engineering or related discipline required (may be waived with strong practical experience), plus a a minimum of 2 years of relevant job experience.
- Advanced knowledge of ColdFusion, preferably including interaction with Java is required, along with knowledge of SQL.
- Demonstrated experience in Object-Oriented Design is required.
- Knowledge in the concepts, practices and procedures of common software development methodologies and associated artifacts, plus the ability to apply it to complex projects is required.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence with business partners.
- Knowledge of or willingness and ability to learn the following: J2EE, Java, Oracle, SQL, Spring Framework, some PL/SQL and RAD
- Ability to effectively work with minimal supervision in a deadline-driven environment is required, along with strong team-oriented interpersonal skills.