Application Manager’s coordinate and supervise all tasks related to the design, development, and implementation of information systems and software applications for the particular area of responsibility (Human Resources, Finance, etc.).
The Application Manager plays a leading role in coordinating and managing the troubleshooting issues in the software and hardware applications within the assigned functional areas of responsibility. Understanding the functional processes of the assigned areas is key to the success of the Application Manager role.
The Application Manager serves as the most senior level analyst for software development projects within assigned user areas, to include:
- Assist users in preparing prioritization information.
- Serve on staff development teams to implement projects.
- Ensure projects are implemented accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide technical and business expertise to various projects.
- Confer with and advise staff on technical issues and problems, priorities, and methods.
- Consult with personnel in other information systems sections to coordinate activities.
- Maintain documentation for all systems supporting assigned administrative areas.
Education & Formal Training
- Bachelor’s degree (Specify field(s) of study below)
Other Education & Formal Training
Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field. Education may be substituted for experience or experience may be substituted for education. Note that equivalencies are based on the following:
- AA = 2 years experience;
- BA/BS = 4 years experience;
- MA/MS = 6 years experience;
- PhD = 8 years experience.
- One year of staff management or three years of progressive project management experience.
- Five years in analysis, design, development, and maintenance of computer software systems.
- Three years experience in software development and maintenance on client/web server based systems.
- Two years experience with, at least, three of the following: PL/SQL, SQL, Java, PHP, ERP systems, Coldfusion, and client/web server business software systems.