- Sustain and Maintain web-based program using Cold Fusion /SQL to support U.S. Navy Training.
Existing web-based program will ensure support for Navy Training. Provide development, programming, analysis and documentation support.
Candidates should have a good understanding of Object Oriented Design / Development and of end-to-end web application architecture, from the layout/user interface to relational database structures.
Develops web applications and/or websites using ColdFusion, or other tools directly related to development of products for the Internet/Intranet.
Responsible for maintenance and site security of web servers on Microsoft IIS and ColdFusion platforms.
Experience with SQL Server, MySQL, HTML, XML, eTRMS is desired.
Prefer 4-year bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in a curriculum or major field of study which either (1) provides substantial knowledge useful in managing large, complex Information System (IS) projects, (2) is closely related to the work to be automated, or (3) is in Computer Science, a physical science or a mathematics intensive discipline.
SECRET Clearance Required to start work.
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents basic programs. Assists in the modification of company products and/or customer/internal systems to meet the needs of the client and/or end-user.
- Assists in the research and analysis of existing systems and program requirements; assists in preparing documentation to change existing programs. Performs data analysis to support internal and external project needs.
- Designs basic programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs.
- Writes specifications for programs of low to moderate complexity.
- Assists in resolving routine production support problems.
- Assists in the completion of unit testing by preparing test data, running tests and evaluating results. Develops screen tests and debugging problems. Develops test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
- Creates basic documentation in work assignments such as program code.
- Conducts routine quality assurance activities such as peer reviews.
- Remains abreast of and researches industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics or related field preferred
- Zero years of experience in programming or testing
- Experience working in a student employment program or related experience
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software
- Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software
- Basic programming skills
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Interpersonal skills to interact with team members
- Communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients