We are currently seeking a ColdFusion application developer to work within a dynamic and highly innovative team environment in our Marketing, Interactive & Technology division. The application developer will contribute to the definition, design and development of high quality Web sites and Web-based solutions. You will work on both technical and functional aspects of challenging client projects, interacting and collaborating closely with a team of technologists, business analysts, and managers to deliver solutions. Primary responsibilities will include technical ColdFusion and SQL design and development tasks, but could also vary across project assignments and may include requirements gathering and analysis, as well as testing and documentation support.
Candidates should have a good understanding of Object Oriented Design / Development and of end-to-end web application architecture, from the layout / user interface to relational database structures. The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated and adaptable to learning and understanding new technologies, be able to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet aggressive deadlines, and have the ability to work both independently and on a team, producing quality work products with attention to detail.
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, enhances and documents ColdFusion programs.
- Designs and develops systems to meet business needs. Ensures programs meet standards and technical specifications.
- Provides analyses and assists project managers in preparing level-of-effort estimates.
- Assists in developing and validating system requirements.
- Remains abreast of industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
- At least 1 year of professional ColdFusion development experience, leveraging one or more MVC application frameworks such as Model-Glue, Mach-II, Framework One (FW/1) or ColdBox.
- Extensive experience programming with relational databases, using one or more of Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, or other relational database.
Preferred Skills, Abilities, and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related technical field
- Experience with the Mura Content Management System.
- Understanding of Web development standards and best practices, and software development life cycle methodologies.
- Experience with additional programming languages/frameworks such as Java, PHP, Drupal, .NET, Python, RoR, Node.js
- Mobile (iOS, Android) development experience
- Business analysis experience, including requirements elicitation and analysis
- Experience reviewing and testing applications
- Knowledge of Accessibility / Section 508 compliance (U.S. Rehabilitation Act)
- Familiarity with UML
- Good written and oral communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients