The Penn State Office of Human Resources seeks an innovative Applications Programmer/Analyst to develop, deploy, and maintain Web-based programming and database applications. Individual should be familiar with developing database-driven applications and understand all aspects of Software Development Lifecycle.
In addition, this individual will perform complex data analysis for both ad hoc and standing reports. All projects are conducted in a collaborative environment, encompassing programmers and end-users within the Office of Human Resources, as well as other University offices.
This job will be filled as a level 2, or level 3, depending upon the successful candidate’s competencies, education, and experience. Typically requires an Associate’s degree or higher plus two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience for a level 2. Additional experience and/or education and competencies are required for higher level jobs.
The successful candidate will demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
- secure Web development;
- MS SQL databases;
- the willingness to adhere to design and development standards;
- the ability to work both independently and cooperatively;
- excellent analytical skills;
- excellent judgment and organizational skills;
- solid verbal and written communication skills;
- an outstanding customer service orientation;
- a commitment to fostering diversity and equal opportunity;
- and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Experience with ColdFusion programming preferred.