The Web Technical Specialist produces the content and coordinates its workflow, focusing on content management and application of corporate branding. The Web Technical Specialist updates current web content on legacy sites in the ColdFusion environment and DNN that combines database input, HTML and CSS application and relations within that content management system.
- Edit content to effectively communicate on a web page by applying HTML, and CSS, according to corporate branding guidelines.
- Create and convert documents to follow naming conventions and file placement within the webservers.
- Fulfill user experience (UX) features as determined by the Web Producer and Website Manager.
- Prepare text and graphics to display properly on web pages with the ColdFusion legacy files or the DNN content management system.
- Properly relate content files in the DNN CMS for critical placement in detail or list pages.
- Assist staff in proper placement of content into the DNN CMS; or places the content for staff member(s).
- Assist the Web Producer and Web Manager, as requested, with various projects which may include writing documentation, creating quality control checklists, training staff or generating reports for analytical purposes.
- Two (2) years’ of relevant experience
- Experienced with multiple web browsers, DNN, Informz and other web-based tools such as Google analytics, URL shorteners, and web developer tools.
- Solid understanding of internet technology and social objects and how they all work together.
- Associates degree or technical certification in graphic/web design or development; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Job Specific Skills and Knowledge:
- Intermediate proficiency in CSS, HTML and XHTML coding, Adobe Creative Suite of programs, especially Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Acrobat, and InDesign (Fireworks optional).
- Advanced communication skills and copy-edit experience required.
- Advanced time management skills to determine daily priorities and function effectively with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of Macintosh OS 10.x hardware.
- Proven excellent customer service orientation and ability to interface in positive manner with internal and external customers at various organizational levels and from diverse cultures.
- Intermediate graphic arts and user experience development helpful.
- Intermediate experience in a production environment helpful.
- Quality Work Output – Produces high-quality work with few errors within deadlines; uses resources effectively; concentrates on important priorities.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Teamwork – Encourages collaboration by fostering open dialogue; defines success in terms of the whole team; finds common ground and solves problems for the good of all areas; recognizes when issues are cross-functional in nature; has interpersonal savvy; relates well to others.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted as an individual whose word can be relied upon and who delivers on commitments; refrains from gossip or talking badly about co-workers/customers and confronts issues directly; presents the truth in an appropriate manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; conducts him/herself at all times in a manner that reflects credit on his/herself and the organization.
- Communication – Provides timely information so that accurate decisions can be made; practices attentive and active listening; accurately portrays the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees; conveys information and ideas clearly and positively both in oral and written communication.