Sterling Payment Technologies provides point of sales payment technology and electronic transaction processing services to merchants nationwide. Sales are made through our network of ISOs, community banks or associations. The Sr. ColdFusion Web Developer will lead the development team in designing, developing and maintaining the company websites and portals. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with an ability to handle multiple projects while keeping track of deadlines and documentation of work. This position requires proven knowledge of the ColdFusion (9) language.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats with individuals and groups.
- Ability to handle and complete a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand and communicate low level technical information.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions.
- Ability to handle confidential material appropriately.
- Ability to display a professional demeanor.
- Ability to be detail oriented.
- Ability to communicate and resolve problems on a timely basis.
- Ability to acknowledge full ownership responsibility in accomplishing the business objectives.
- Ability to utilize personal computer, telephone, facsimile, copier, calculator, and other general office equipment.
- Performs information gathering services including technical website analysis, competitive/keyword research, and link analysis.
- Monitors/reports on application performance.
- Performs application debugging and maintenance.
- Self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple ongoing projects in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including strong verbal, listening, and written communication.
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to changes.
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet or exceed deadlines.
- Proven experience using web development tools such as Eclipse/CF Builder.
- 5 plus years proven on the job experience in ColdFusion programming.
- Minimum 5 plus years experience with Microsoft SQL server 2005-2008 with knowledge of writing stored procedures.
- Proficient with CSS and cross-browser compatibility testing.
- Experience with Source Control (Subversion) required.
- Experience managing IIS webserver required.
- Experience writing and consuming webservices and third-party APIs.
- Experience with a ColdFusion Framework desired.
- Experience with JQuery or similar JS library.
- Experience in unit testing, functional testing and adherent to documentation standards desired.
- Knowledge of Responsive Design and developing mobile apps a plus.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university desired.