The Software Support Specialist provides technical support for a cloud-based eCommerce software application, order management and related systems. Resolve customer support issues, setup new customer installations, provide training to internal teams, and configure new software modules for customers. The SSS is also responsible for documenting new software features, collecting customer feedback, and supporting product development with testing and validation. The SSS will also be responsible for all client communication via the Support email inbox as well as answering the Support phone line.
- Monitoring web site, application, and integration performance to ensure our clients solutions are functioning correctly.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements (SLAs), management of open tickets, and generations of associated reports are completed daily.
- Member of application activation team.
- Focal point of transition of projects from Professional Services to Support.
- Communicate with clients via phone, email, and chat.
- Troubleshoot Website, Integration, and Application issues.
- Document unexpected behavior via defect tracking tools or other ticket logging applications.
- Resolve client exceptions in a timely fashion.
- Review and manage clients’ expectations as needed.
- EDGE (supply chain software) User support.
- Identify and document issues and work towards an expedited resolution.
- Provide clients with software certification training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Management reserves the right to assign or change duties and tasks to this position at their discretion.
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in computer science-related program
- Software application and web development experience
- Experience and hands-on working knowledge of ColdFusion and Java is preferred.
- Possess basic working knowledge of SQL and relational databases (SQL Server and/or Oracle).
Necessary Skills / Characteristics:
- Ability to effectively communicate internally as well as externally via email and phone.
- Must possess customer service skills and have a professional, friendly and positive attitude
- Must be able to work in teams
- 24/7 on call rotation is required
- Experience with ticketing portals/applications is required
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Desire for a career in the IT profession
- Understand the principles of database design and modeling.
- Knowledge of testing on major browsers and exposure to cross-browser/platform compatibility issues.
- Knowledge of software best practices and documentation.
- Must understand Web and Internet architecture.
- An ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
- E-commerce experience is a plus