The function of the Jr. Developer (Jr. Developer) is to develop applications to client standards. The Developer is responsible for completing projects within budgeted hours to maintain profitability of each project.
The Jr. Developer will work primarily in ColdFusion and/or JAVA to resolve trouble tickets, perform development tasks and unit testing. In some situations the Developer will also be asked to assist with business analysis, architecture and complete work orders from the BA, PM or QA team.
The Jr. Developer works closely with the Project Managers, QA team and other project development team members to develop solutions per client requirements and approved design.
The Developer may occasionally interact with clients in a technical advisory capacity. This is in addition to other company employees throughout the organization that fall with in the normal scope of interaction with this position.
Qualifications Required Education and Experience:
- H.S. Degree / GED X College Degree 0 Certification/License*
- BA/BS degree in computer sciences.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases (SQL Server and/or Oracle)
- Possess working knowledge of SQL and relational databases (SQL Server and/or Oracle).
Necessary Skills or Characteristics:
- Desire for a career growth as a developer.
- Ability to quickly learn
- Beginner to Intermediate skills in ColdFusion or JAVA
- Understand the principles of database design and modeling
- Knowledge of testing on major browsers and exposure to cross-browser/platform compatibility issues
- Knowledge of software best practices and documentation
- Must understand Web and Internet architecture
- An ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced dynamic entrepreneurial environment