Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and modifying programming systems to support the University’s or department’s business applications. Gathers requirements from users, creates specifications, and develops and writes code to support new and existing applications. Encodes, tests, debugs, and installs applications.
Primary consultant for the Student Information Systems group concerning the use of information technology as relates to student systems. In conjunction with the business analysis team, this position designs, analyses, develops, deploys, installs, modifies, and supports systems that enhance productivity within FSU departments. This includes gathering requirements from users and developing specifications to support new and existing applications. Gathers requirements from users, creates specifications, and develops and writes code to support new and existing applications. Encodes, tests, debugs, and installs applications.
Works with the business analysis section and project management teams to establish project plans and provide technical analysis of proposed solutions. Analyses usage trends and develops pertinent standards and guidelines.
Learns and evaluates new technologies, both individually and in collaboration with peers to enhance delivery of services. Identifies current and future needs to ensure that applications support the departmental missions.
Other support services as required, such as assisting with user acceptance testing, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or other related field and two years’ experience related to the duties of this position; or a high school diploma or equivalency and six years of experience related to the duties of this position. (Note: a combination of post high school diploma and experience equal to six years.)
- Experience writing and designing queries for SQL databases.
- Experience writing and debugging computer applications in a programming language like Java, PHP, Coldfusion, etc.
- Experience working with different computer systems and facilitating integration between them.
- Knowledge of data formats such as XML or JSON.
- Experience with core computer concepts, including networks and firewalls.
- Experience documenting new and existing processes in a corporate wiki or ticket tracking system.
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of SOAP and REST web services.
- Knowledge of SQL tuning and optimization.
- Familiarity with Oracle Service Bus.
- Familiarity with GoldenGate.
- Familiarity with JDeveloper or Eclipse.
- Familiarity with Java.
- Familiarity with Unix.