The IT Department has an opening for a Web Application Developer. This position’s primary responsibility is to develop and maintain web applications and lightweight software tools for internal and external client use. The Web Application Developer will use experience and judgment while applying a wide degree of creativity to perform essential functions of the job in a timely manner and within departmental and company standard operating procedures. Along with the key functions listed below, this position will be expected to uphold the value that Washington Federal places on simply being nice when servicing our co-workers and clients.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain web-based applications in support of internal business requirements or external clients. Design and build application interfaces and services to meet user specifications.
- Use Microsoft .Net (e.g., ASP.Net), SharePoint, SQL Server, Macromedia ColdFusion and other development technologies to build web and lightweight software applications to automate business processes, create new tools for business use, and integrate data and functions between in-house and outsourced systems.
- Maintain existing applications by fixing reported bugs and performing regular maintenance and upgrades.
- Comply with industry standard programming methodologies and the Bank’s software development life cycle, security policies and business continuity planning and standards.
- Contribute in formulating and defining the scope, objectives and technical direction for new or modified applications. Perform requirements analysis with subject matter experts and users. Participate in the architecture and design reviews.
- Strictly adhere to data security policies and procedures. Follow the Bank’s Information Security policies, ensuring that the processing and handling of all customer information and confidential bank information is done in a secure manner and environment.
- Effectively communicate project statuses and issues to team, management and business stakeholders, ensuring application design fits within the Bank’s vision.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to team members.
- Continue to learn about new development technologies and updates to existing technologies.
- Provide customer service at levels that meet the requirements set by Bank management.
Full time, 40 hours
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with application development.
- Strong knowledge and skills on Microsoft .NET framework, ColdFusion, SQL Server database design and XML messaging standards.
- Thorough understanding of programming methodologies that include project management, testing and cyclical upgrades.