A Technical Architect (TA) is an experienced technical subject matter expert within specific domains of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud applications and tools. Responsible for architecting and implementing solutions across the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform, the TA must have a firm understanding of data and SQL as well as scripting, integrations and API capabilities.
- Validates customer’s technical design and solution
- Provides technical consultation on various aspects of solutions
- Develops specialties in Salesforce Marketing Cloud data management, scripting languages, API and/or integrations
- Executes advanced configuration/development activities per assigned work orders
- Utilizes knowledge of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud to implement simple solutions for complex client requests
- Conducts solutions testing and validation
- Supports documentation process by providing applicable artifacts (code samples, screenshots, etc.) and assists with the development of solution blueprints.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer technology or similar degree preferred
- Proficient developing SQL and experience with a RDBMS such as MySQL, Oracle, or MS SQL Server
- Experience with web development design languages, scripting tools, and protocols such as HTTP, CSS, XSLT, AJAX, JQuery
- Basic to intermediate experience with a client side programming languages such as .NET, JAVA, PHP, Ruby, C#, C++, Visual Basic, Python, ColdFusion
- Knowledge of SOAP API and familiarity with REST API
- Experience working with Eclipse, VisualStudio, Sublime Text or other modern integrated development environment, as well as visualization software applications such as MS Visio or LucidChart.
- Familiarity with systems integrations such as Salesforce, Content Management, POS/Commerce, or Web Analytics preferred
- Familiarity with SDLC methodologies including requirements, design, implementation, testing and maintenance
- Preferred: Familiarity with security standards such as TLS, SSL, SAML, data encryption
- Bonus: Experience in building stored procedures, reports, and data extracts. Command of SSRS and SSIS, performance optimization techniques, foundations of data architecture, qualities and integration