To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent. Four (4) years of Information Technology (IT) experience is considered equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2-3+ years’ of solid Java coding.
- Knowledge of overall software system design/architecture, system analysis, development and maintenance of J2EE applications developed using Java, Java Server Pages, HTML application front-end and middle tier code, and PL/SQL in the database tier as well as integration with database/directory/ad hoc tools.
- Strong knowledge of interpreting/drafting software requirements in a technically proficient manner as identified by the customer and providing technical advice on potential impacts requirement on system sustainment.
- Through understanding of software design, design patterns and their implementation.
- Ability to select the most suitable frameworks and technologies for software projects, e.g. hibernate, versus iBATIS or STRUTS 2 versus Spring MVC.
- Experience with web technologies such as XLM, jQuery, HTML, JSF, etc.
- Development experience with Spring, Struts or JSF and Hibernate.
- Working knowledge of distributed software systems.
- Keen on coding and producing.
- Strong ability to interact with customers.
- Candidate MUST have at least an ACTIVE Secret Security Clearance.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- 3+ Years of experience working with Government Entity on a software project is highly desired.
- 3+ Years of experience working with ColdFusion is highly desired.
- Experience with Java Persistence API, JDeveloper, SDE, and Enterprise JavaBeans preferred.
- Experience in leveraging open source software such as Apache, Tomcat, Jenkins is a plus.
- Experience with working in an AGILE development environment is a plus.
- Experience with (Hadoop, HIVE, Scala, Python, Pig, Scalding, Scoobi, Spark or Scrunch) is a plus.
- PKI experience a plus.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide Java Software Developer/Programmer support for DCBS.
- The Java Developer/Programmer shall provide development, implementation and maintenance of new or existing tools. This support includes, but is not limited to:
- Create complex, customized applications to enhance website capability based on customer needs.
- Conferring with program managers or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Provide technical solutions and assist in work estimates for implementation of both new requirements and bug fixes.
- Assisting resolving complex production support problems by identifying issues and recommending, and when approved, implementing solutions.
- Provide support for business system analysis and process definition.
- Write well designed code, testable, efficient code for software components, units and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
- Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, properly structured, meets industry standards, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems;
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review. Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Research, track, and understand new web technologies to provide technical leadership in developing service applications and analyzing business requirements;
- Research, document, rate or select alternatives for web architecture or technologies;
- Maintain job knowledge by studying state–of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal network sand participating in professional organizations.
- Independently works on routine assignments.?
While performing duties of the job, incumbent will be exposed to Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. This position requires incumbent to have the ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
IndraSoft offers comprehensive benefits to all its employees. Eligibility for IndraSoft benefits begins on the first day of the month following the date of employment. Full-time salaried employees are entitled to the following benefits.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Personal Time Off
- Education and Training Assistance