The marketing department is growing our web team and looking to add another web developer. The Web Developer participates in the design, implementation, and support of web projects that meet established specifications, design criteria, quality standards and business requirements with minimum supervision. This person will participate with the team in implementation of a new enterprise web content management system.
- Designs and maintains content, user interface, and graphic features for UCLA Health websites and web-based applications.
- Produces graphics for the websites, as well as online-based creative marketing materials.
- Builds navigational structures, information maps, and working prototypes to fulfill functional and user requirements for web-based content and applications.
- Collaborates with department heads and product managers to define the user experience strategy and develop usable, useful and compelling website experiences.
- Provides regular status reports to all levels of management.
- Follows established code guidelines and best practices.
- Maintains a high degree of knowledge on current technologies and tools.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on web development experience
- Strong knowledge in SQL Server and relational databases.
- Familiarity with other server languages such as Asp.Net or ColdFusion
- Experience with Cross browser compatibility.
- Experience with Twitter Bootstrap and/or responsive design. Mobile web and app development experience a plus.
- Experience working with web content management systems.
- Ability to work independently but interact well with others in a team environment, including liaising with counterparts in database integration efforts.
- Ability to think creatively and reason logically in developing new approaches, methods and procedures for data management and application design.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact, communicate, and work as a team member with academic, research, administrative and technical staff.
- Ability to quickly learn and tackle unfamiliar problems in a fast-moving technology space and agile development environment
- Expert knowledge of software such as Adobe Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, Visual Basic Studios and related tools. SharePoint and InfoPath experience is a plus.