Our client in San Ramon is seeking a Web Application Developer for their team. This is a fast-growing, progressive company. The Web Application Developer is responsible for creating and maintaining web-based, data-driven business applications. He or she is also responsible for the design, coding and data for complex web-based applications critical to the sustainability of the enterprise. Previous experience working with telecom applications and tools is a plus.
- Understands complex database concepts as well as the implications of different database designs.
- Effectively employs many different database design techniques.
- Possesses demonstrated work experience with more than one relational database management system.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of a range of programming languages.
- Possesses significant knowledge of client server and internet systems architectures.
- Creates well designed, reusable objects.
- Understands browser specific compatibility issues.
- Understands the benefits of the various design methodologies and object oriented environments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Minimum 4 years experience in web-based development in JAVA, or JAVA based languages such as ColdFusion.
- SQL and stored procedure development preferably using Oracle.
- Knowledge of efficient SQL writing and SQL tuning a plus.
- Experience working with JSON, XML and CSS.
- Extensive knowledge of ColdFusion required.
- Ability to read technical documentation (API docs, Language references, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to work independently, effectively, and efficiently.
- Detail oriented.
- Must be able to multi-task and manage to deadlines.